android
Old 09-22-2008, 04:18 PM

I tried on my old computer and my sisters laptop, but none of them work. The pins look fine to me. Is my zen just broken or something.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, it appears as so. What OS is on those two computers? Perhaps you need a new sync adapter or could using one of those cables that eliminates the sync adapter.

Zen FAQ

Old 09-22-2008, 04:55 PM

Is there a way to add the zen in device manager. I tried adding a mtp device, but it will always have a code 10 problem.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You can't just add a device (driver) and have it work without the device actually being detectable and present during the required interaction between it and the OS during the enumeration process. Unless I'm missing some important information, your issue looks to be with the ZVW and not with the computer.

Zen FAQ

Last edited by BobbyRS; 09-22-2008 at 05:47 PM.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:44 PM

Okay. Thanks for all the help. Sorry for the unconvience.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem and no inconvenience at all. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 10-16-2008, 07:47 PM

hi im skripture please help im having the same prob. i ws moving my contents from my zen so i could get the x-fi i statred with my pics so i could listen to music fine it worked them i delted them from my zen all of the suddon i have no videos fien i dont even care about that but for some reason i plugged in zen the next day to finish the music items and nothing is happening i even tried another comp. also other usb cords and ports nothing and to make it worse my screen is busted so i cant see anything i had the zen memorized thats how i was able to still use it no problem . i have an waranty at ciruit city and thought it was time to get a new one even though i dont want to loose the zvw i like this one,whatever so i come to terms with getting a new one but now i cant get my music OUT its most important to me i sitll have the music in my zen i know cause i plug it in to my tv to listen or in my car it works but nothing happens when i plug it in ti the comp, also im not sure if this is where im suppose to be typing to speak to some one who can help me.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello skripture. Let me first start off by saying that it is really hard to follow what you are saying due to your long run-on sentences. I think I got it, but lets see.... You were in the middle of Transfering songs off of your ZVW and, for some reason, the ZVW does't make a connection. Sound correct? Does the ZVW even power on? Have you installed any software from the X-Fi since you last connected the ZVW?

Zen FAQ

Old 05-19-2009, 01:02 PM

After 4 hours of wrestling with the thing I need help. I am having the same problem as the first person on this thread, however, I did all of the things you told him to do and I still can't get the firmware onto my Zen. Where I am at right now:

I reinstalled WMP 10 and Windows Service Pack 2 (only to have it tell me I already have SP3).
I got the recovery tool from Creative. When I use it it detects the Zen and gets the firmware then it tells me the Zen isn't connected.
My computer reads the Zen as an MTP device and every time I uninstall the drivers and plug it back in it reinstalls it as an MTP.
When I start my Zen it starts in Recovery Mode.
I formatted the Hard Drive on the Zen out of desperation but it went really fast so I'm not convinced it did anything.

I really hope this forum is still active. Please help.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:12 PM

Nevermind, I followed the instructions on the Creative site and got it working.

Old 10-15-2009, 03:00 AM

I accept to reinstalling the driver:
1. With the ZVW connected and Device Manager open, highlight the ZVW, and press the Delete key on your keyboard, which will uninstall the device driver.
2. Unplug the Zen.
3. Wait for a minute and reconnect the Zen and Windows will reinstall the necessary drivers.

Old 08-08-2010, 07:36 AM

Sounds like the UMDF issue. All the symptoms that I had, this was a brilliant solution by Denis McAuliffe for another player but it worked like a dream for my ZVW. It saved me from having to partition my HDD just to install SP2. http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40237