android
Old 08-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
I just plugged the HJE900 into my girlfriend's Acer laptop, equipped with a Realtek HD sound card. Absolutely no hiss whatsoever, at any volume level... (As with any laptop, I cut the green/yellow ground line from the AC power adapter cable, to prevent any ground-loop/hum/hiss. YMMV.)
Well for whatever reason it just stopped hissing on my phone. Sounds nice and quiet, almost as quiet as the clip+. I still hear it on the laptop a little, but it has definitely quieted down a lot too. Is this a possible break in issue? I had about 10-15 hours on them when I posted. Seriously, I have not done anything different and was looking at cutting the ground line on the power adapter.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-07-2010, 08:30 PM

Holy cammoly! The price has now jumped to 150 US$ on Amazon; this $30 price jump reinforces what I previously said: dfkt has quite a bit of influence on Panasonic's HJE900 sales (well maybe I'm stretching it a bit ).

As a second thought, the HJE900's product picture has changed too; perhaps the vendor who was originally selling at $120 is sold out! (another point for dfkt's influence rating!!!)

Old 08-08-2010, 12:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by floeezy View Post
Holy cammoly! The price has now jumped to 150 US$ on Amazon; this $30 price jump reinforces what I previously said: dfkt has quite a bit of influence on Panasonic's HJE900 sales (well maybe I'm stretching it a bit ).

As a second thought, the HJE900's product picture has changed too; perhaps the vendor who was originally selling at $120 is sold out! (another point for dfkt's influence rating!!!)
LOL...I was joking with him on this very theory the other day

Seems dfkt might indeed be a mighty, one-man market maker!

I suggested to him, as a public service to all those ABi-ers who want to buy the Panasonics now, that he temporarily post a revised review, one which pans the HJE900's so that the prices will plummet and people like me can get 'em for a song and a dance.
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 08-08-2010, 12:33 AM
Ultra Senior Member

He has the same effect as ClieOS, ya?

Old 08-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysio View Post
He has the same effect as ClieOS, ya?
LOL...yeah, and ljokerl as well.

Perhaps they should form some sort of unofficial IEM review alliance, manipulating their reviews to achieve the maximum price reductions on high quality [and thus, highly desirable products].

All for the benefit of the common man/woman you understand...

...Well, mostly just for me, as I am a selfish bastard
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 08-08-2010, 03:37 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Not really. We'd get low prices now, but no good products in the future.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:14 PM

I am new to the forum, and i have read all the reviews in here. they are very helpful. i just placed an order for future sonics m5, and i just wondering how RP_HJE900 compare the the M5? thanks alot for advice.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:59 AM

HJE have less bass quantity than the Atrio (Atrio bass is huge, HJE bass is still plenty), HJE have more treble, much better build quality, are easier to insert and get a good seal with, Atrio isolate a bit more.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:35 PM

Hey guys I'm about to buy these used (Don't worry I asked if they were clean ) And He is saying "Right nozzle filter is missing but does not affect quality" Does not having the filter in affect the sound or anything?

Old 08-12-2010, 03:53 PM

On my HJE900 both filters are removed, and some foam (from earbuds) stuffed down the nozzle. That way I like their treble more.

I don't think having the filters off is overly detrimental - but they might sound a tiny bit brighter that way, and dirt might get to the driver.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:56 AM

Thanks for the info dfkt.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
On my HJE900 both filters are removed, and some foam (from earbuds) stuffed down the nozzle. That way I like their treble more.

I don't think having the filters off is overly detrimental - but they might sound a tiny bit brighter that way, and dirt might get to the driver.
So it's now sort of like an Atrio?

(Atrio has no filters, FYI, those that didn't know.)

I'm planning to get my hands on one, just that the seller has been MIA for the past few days...

And I know where's he buying from - Amazon shows a deal for $80...

Old 08-13-2010, 11:27 AM

To make them sound like Atrios you'd better use some hot glue on the HJE's nozzle, instead of foam... (Just kidding of course, the Atrios are still very nice phones.)

Old 08-19-2010, 03:48 PM

well, just got my HJE900 today, and i think dfkt nailed everything on those phones. the treble is a bit too much, especially at high volum. after i got so used to the M5, the treble on HJE900 is just too much for me. the M5 is more musical and have a warmer sound then the HJE900. will receive my sm3 tomorrow.

Old 08-21-2010, 03:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
To make them sound like Atrios you'd better use some hot glue on the HJE's nozzle, instead of foam... (Just kidding of course, the Atrios are still very nice phones.)
Have gotten my HJE900 today~

Much more efficient than my VB's again - VB's really are the epic inefficient kings in my collection. Sounds like a cross of the Hippo EB and VB to me.

Them stock tips are ridiculously TIIINY!

Edit : http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/...-56k-stay-away

Apparently in the past it came looking like jewellery.

Last edited by rickysio; 08-21-2010 at 07:27 AM.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:50 AM

Great Review Man, I Just wrote a review on the Zune HD 16GB...Your review was super insightful and I would love to see you write more. Definitely looks like a great product with a stylish design. Smokes anything than that stupid FRUIT company has ever made.... I Heard they're coming out with an Ipod for kids, its called the ITouch Child.
keep it up man!

Old 08-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysio View Post
Have gotten my HJE900 today~

Much more efficient than my VB's again - VB's really are the epic inefficient kings in my collection. Sounds like a cross of the Hippo EB and VB to me.

Them stock tips are ridiculously TIIINY!

Edit : http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/...-56k-stay-away

Apparently in the past it came looking like jewellery.
rickysio, congrats and enjoy

Can you put up some pics of the packaging/unboxing? dfkt's pics were great, but for sure, it seems the packaging is now not as fancy as it once was [I saw that head-fi reviews as well].

Not that it really really matters, but for 150USD+ I am curious to see exactly what the package contains and how it comes.

A Glossary for Newbies

Old 08-21-2010, 08:11 PM

I'm coming from some aging M5's which are on the verge of their long and grueling lifespan (8+ hours a day for almost 2 years).

To my point(s): Can the Pannys be worn over the ear? I kinda got accustomed to wearing 'phones over the ear with the M5's.

Can the dual flanged tips from the M5's be used with the Pannys?

Also, is it possible to buy the removable memory wire things anywhere? I've seen that some manufacturers provide removable ones with their products now.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
To my point(s): Can the Pannys be worn over the ear? I kinda got accustomed to wearing 'phones over the ear with the M5's.
Yes

Quote:
Can the dual flanged tips from the M5's be used with the Pannys?
No, the nozzle diameter is far too different.

Quote:
Also, is it possible to buy the removable memory wire things anywhere? I've seen that some manufacturers provide removable ones with their products now.
I think your best bet (and what you actually wanted) now is those silicon ear guides like that from Phonak etc. Phonak does sell them (ear guides) separately.

Edit :
Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
rickysio, congrats and enjoy

Can you put up some pics of the packaging/unboxing? dfkt's pics were great, but for sure, it seems the packaging is now not as fancy as it once was [I saw that head-fi reviews as well].

Not that it really really matters, but for 150USD+ I am curious to see exactly what the package contains and how it comes.

I bought it from another person, so it came only with the pouch, the IEMs and the tips. But hey, for S$125, I can't complain.

Last edited by rickysio; 08-22-2010 at 12:38 AM.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:52 AM

Thumb Up

I've just ordered a pair too, .. can't wait ...
GREAT review dfkt.
Panasonic should give you a pair for free You deserve it !