android
Old 07-26-2010, 02:34 AM

Default How to attach protective film??

Help! I cannot work out how to attach the cowon protective cover for the front screen. I've been trying to work it out and I'm afraid I'm going to get dust stuck to the adhesive section... Can someone please explain the proper method?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-26-2010, 03:35 AM

I feel your pain.

Check this thread for details. Talks about both front sheet and back sheet.

Also, this particular post got me onto the right track, when I was first having problems with applying the front sheet.

Again... thanks go to Paraffiinbrain for riddling this out DESPITE the non-existent written instructions and indecipherable graphic clues printed in microscopic font using invisible ink on a postage stamp.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:39 AM

Ahh I've got it now, thanks. (Y)

Old 07-28-2010, 12:57 PM

The J3 ships with 'Gorilla Glass' which is almost impossible to scratch, Google it. Screen protectors are a waste of money.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xul View Post
The J3 ships with 'Gorilla Glass' which is almost impossible to scratch, Google it.
Admittedly the video is very impressive. Anyone who watches this video can't help but be impressed. Still, he's going to get a very different result if he pours some sand over his S9 and start rubbing. It's summer in the Northern hemisphere now and for those living near the beach, it only takes a few grains of sand with an unprotected J3 in one's pocket and havoc will ensue.

For the record, I don't use a screen protector, but I'm not naive enough to believe that Gorilla Glass is completely immune to scratches. Googling reveals countless posts by users whose Gorilla Glass screen have been scratched up one or another. It's very possible to scratch Gorilla Glass when even one grain of sand is in one's pocket.

F/K/A Need Balance Control

Old 07-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Redneck Moderator

I scratched my S9 in two days, it comes with the same 'Gorilla Glass'. Later, I also shattered that same screen. Yes, its very tough, and I would rate it high on durability, but it is definitely not scratch proof, or crack/shatter proof for that matter. lol

Old 07-30-2010, 07:21 PM

A metal blade is much harder than sand, any sand Where do you get your info from? Do you even know what Gorilla Glass is? It's not bullet or idiot proof. Please put up some links to the countless posts of damaged Gorilla Glass.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
The J3 ships with 'Gorilla Glass' which is almost impossible to scratch, Google it. Screen protectors are a waste of money.
On an inexpensive player like a Clip/Clip+ that is rugged, yes, a screen protector isn't worth it.....but on a higher-end player like you're describing, it would be foolish to go without a screen shield of some sort, unless you don't care about your gear, or you have money falling out of your butt.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:55 PM

Quote:
A metal blade is much harder than sand, any sand Where do you get your info from? Do you even know what Gorilla Glass is? It's not bullet or idiot proof. Please put up some links to the countless posts of damaged Gorilla Glass.
Grasshopper, why don't you show us. Take a video of you rubbing some sand on your J3. Please, I'd love to see you prove me wrong.

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showpo...9&postcount=13
Quote:
Managed to scratch my J3 screen with a couple of grains of sand. 3 scratches about 2 to 3 mm in length. Although small ....... really really annoying

F/K/A Need Balance Control

Last edited by NeedBalanceCtrl; 07-31-2010 at 12:03 AM.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:11 PM
Redneck Moderator

Well first off Xul, you should step back into your highschool earth science class. Take a look at the Mohs hardness scale and you will quickly realize that sand(quatzite for those who don't know its mineral name) is actually harder than both glass and hardened steel.

Secondly, yes I do know what gorilla glass is, as I have it on my S9, which is both scratched AND shattered. These two things happened in two different situations.

Maybe I will make a video of me scratching a section of my gorilla glass, to prove to the idiots on the internet that is actually scratch able.