android
Old 07-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
True that Rickysio, but the Fuze for instance is pretty small already. An incremental and reasonable size increase to accomodate double or quadruple the present max native capacity would be welcome!

For instance, the Sony A series devices are all the same size [I believe] but go up to 64GB.

I have some faith in Sandisk [cause I am kinda new to them - haven't had time to get cynical yet...] :-)
I doubt you'd even need to increase the size if SanDisk uses the NAND chips they're using in their thumbdrives in the Fuze.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_larson View Post
Ditto that, lestastar. I would buy it as soon as it came out. How about a revamped View? Sansa doesn't even have a good excuse for a movie acceptable mp3 player anymore
Some would argue that they never did have one. The View's sketchy firmware doomed it from the start, and it's unforgivable that they still sell the crappy thing over 2 years after they stopped issuing FW updates for a flawed player. Of course, if they managed to sell a 32GB View, then where the hell is a Fuze with more than 8GB?
/rant

Old 07-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysio View Post
Higher capacity battery = larger size.
not really, higher capacity memory chips are out there now, I have a flashdrive that uses 1 chip for 16gb storege, and have seen 32mb single flash chips(But they are NOT cheap)

16gb could be the sweetspot for price to size, most likely a firmware update and just swaping out the chip would work.

also uSDHC naaa, you want uSDXC , it supports uSDHC but also supports newer even higher capacity chips that are due to come out soon.

now as to what I would like to see.

Start with the fuze, replace the screen with a decent but not top end AMOLED screen, either extend the batt life with a better batt OR modify the design to take a changeable batt like a small cellphone batt, and make the firmware more like rockbox OR just use rockbox with some form of proprietary plugin to support DRM for those who want to use subscription music services and audible/overdrive, I mean a nicer gui would be nice over rockbox but thats cosmetic and shouldnt be to hard to manage for sandisk/sansa.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:12 PM

Yeah, count me in on a 32gb Fuze, or anything else 32gb that is not a View, that player was a waste. My hope is that they put something out that does video far better than the Fuze or View is/was capable of doing. There is always room for improvement. The industry thrives on planned obsolescence anyway, doesn't it? It's a racket. A racket that we all happily feed, like pigs in sh*t.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepCake View Post
not really, higher capacity memory chips are out there now, I have a flashdrive that uses 1 chip for 16gb storege, and have seen 32mb single flash chips(But they are NOT cheap)

16gb could be the sweetspot for price to size, most likely a firmware update and just swaping out the chip would work.

also uSDHC naaa, you want uSDXC , it supports uSDHC but also supports newer even higher capacity chips that are due to come out soon.

now as to what I would like to see.

Start with the fuze, replace the screen with a decent but not top end AMOLED screen, either extend the batt life with a better batt OR modify the design to take a changeable batt like a small cellphone batt, and make the firmware more like rockbox OR just use rockbox with some form of proprietary plugin to support DRM for those who want to use subscription music services and audible/overdrive, I mean a nicer gui would be nice over rockbox but thats cosmetic and shouldnt be to hard to manage for sandisk/sansa.

What? I'm talking about batteries - not the battery usage, memory chips, or anything else you mentioned about my post in your post!

And why do we need an AMOLED screen? We need SLCD!

Tags
fuze, mp3, new release, sansa, update