android
Old 01-03-2010, 03:05 PM

I have a problem with my s9.
When I move around with it, it simply turn off, like it has something inside that is bad connected, because when it's not moving it works perfectly.
This is extremely annoying i can't move with the s9 in my pocket because it will simply turn off [and does not safe the music/volume you have now, like reset]

Could anyone tell me if I open my s9 where that problem should be and what could I do to fix it?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-03-2010, 08:18 PM

If it is under waranty, you can have it repaired.

If not, you would have to check where the power switch is. Another place would be if there is something sitting over the reset button.

It might just be as simple as you not putting it in HOLD before you put it in your pocket.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:48 AM

The warranty expired.
Nop ... its not about being on hold or not ... the cowon s9 can be in my hand and if I shake it it goes off.
I guess I will have to open it xD

Old 05-12-2010, 10:19 AM

Tried doing this to mine but for some reason the screwdriver that unscrewed 3 of the 4 screws wouldn't do that last one and now the top is all messed up and I can't get any screwdriver to undo it

Old 05-22-2010, 01:17 PM

Unhappy

Hi everyone, interesting disassembling though the pictures are small resolution. I have a problem and I was wondering what I should do. 3 days ago I had it in my pockets while sitting in the bathroom and it felt of between 1 to 1.5ft and since then the (Lower Volume) button doesn't work anymore. It seems more looser than the (Raise Volume) and I no more hear a "click/pressure" feedback. It does a few months that I have my Cowon S9 32GB so it's still on warrenty but hell I do no want to pay 10$ shipping and wait 1 month if I send it for repair, unless you guys can tell me it's not going to be that long since I use it daily.

I know a lot about computer but yet there would still be a risk by openning the unit while voiding the warrenty. Even if I manage to do it (prolly could) then how would I fix the button issue?!

Old 07-28-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanzerIV View Post
Hi everyone, interesting disassembling though the pictures are small resolution. I have a problem and I was wondering what I should do. 3 days ago I had it in my pockets while sitting in the bathroom and it felt of between 1 to 1.5ft and since then the (Lower Volume) button doesn't work anymore. It seems more looser than the (Raise Volume) and I no more hear a "click/pressure" feedback. It does a few months that I have my Cowon S9 32GB so it's still on warrenty but hell I do no want to pay 10$ shipping and wait 1 month if I send it for repair, unless you guys can tell me it's not going to be that long since I use it daily.

I know a lot about computer but yet there would still be a risk by openning the unit while voiding the warrenty. Even if I manage to do it (prolly could) then how would I fix the button issue?!
I had the exact same problem with the lower volume button, mine fell on concrete floor.
Unfortunately, it isn't under warranty anymore since its been more than a year.
So, I opened it up, and saw the button was shifted and out of place. I think a tiny bit of it was chipped off too.
I tried to fix it, but i screwed it up even more, so now my volume won't go down with the button.
It is possible to fix it if you do it very carefully I guess, the button inside is very small, you'll need forceps or somethin with them.
And I dunno if Cowon guys will accept that under warranty, since it fell down.
Good luck though.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSD25 View Post
And I dunno if Cowon guys will accept that under warranty, since it fell down.
Good luck though.
I already got it fix maybe 2 months ago. It took 3 full weeks until I get it back so in the meantime I bought a iPod Classic 80Gb like I had before, at BestBuy then I refunded it 3 week later when I received my fixed Cowon. Since it was still on warrenty and that I had doubt about being able to fix it myself I didn't mess with this and I got it repaired. If I remember well I didn't told them how it broke as if I would had said that it felt on the floor.. heh my chance would had gone down for sure.