android
Old 07-22-2010, 07:01 AM

Default Optimal JetEffect settings for stock headphones?

I was just wondering if any j3 user has come up with optimal settings for the headphones supplied with j3. I've been using them for when I don't want to have complete sound isolation (i.e. listening to music when I should be paying attention to the teachers in my classes ).

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-22-2010, 07:45 AM

The Cowon stock earbuds are really bad in the grand scheme of things. To get halfway decent sound from the J3 you should really consider upgrading to something better. But as far as these stock earbuds go, I'd say the various ViVA presets should make them sound better. They add bass and treble, and some crossfeed, which really helps with such kinds of anemic sounding earbuds.

Edit: Oh, I see you have the ES7 - well, then you know how the stock earbuds sound in comparison.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:49 AM

Yes, i'm aware the stock headphones are nothing special . I've just been using them for the previously said reasons, plus I've found yesterday that I've damaged the cable of my ES7s - now no sound comes out of them at all . So, I'm stuck with the stock headphones until I get them fixed/replaced. :|
Anyway, I'll try the presets you suggested.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:30 PM

Every ones hearing is different, so what may sound great to me might sound like pants to you. Using someone else's settings won't help you much.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJCL View Post
... I've found yesterday that I've damaged the cable of my ES7s - now no sound comes out of them at all ...
You could always replace the headphone jack if that's where the issue is, look here. If it's on the earcup side of the ATH-ES it's not that hard either.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc