android
Old 07-09-2010, 11:36 AM

Default Zune HD Artifacts

Do anyone have artifacts on their Zune HD? Especially in the menu? Is there a way to fix it or is it just the software?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-09-2010, 11:46 AM

What type of artifacts? If they are old enough you should consider selling them to a museum.
Failing that, have you tried resetting the device(hold power for 15 seconds), and/or reinstalling firmware?

Old 07-09-2010, 12:44 PM

Lol! Well I got it from eBay and totally got ripped off because it's not like new. I restarted it and formatted it and I just went on the internet with it and it just looks horrible. Not HD at all.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:13 PM

Ouch that really sucks man :-/
Maybe if you take a photo it will be easier for those in the know to help u out?

Old 07-09-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szero11 View Post
Lol! Well I got it from eBay and totally got ripped off because it's not like new. I restarted it and formatted it and I just went on the internet with it and it just looks horrible. Not HD at all.
what exactly do you mean by "Not HD at all" ?
you do realize the actual screen is not HD right....the "HD" title comes from the ability to listen to HD radio, and the ability to load HD video files on the device and output them to an HDTV.
the resolution of the screen is far from HD...it is even below SD at 480x272. even at that size it would be silly to have an HD screen as you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between SD and HD.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:35 PM

I think it was a figure of speech, not actually meaning the real meaning of HD.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:57 PM

Either you're thinking about the "HD" the wrong way or you have something wrong with your product. A screenshot/photo would be good if you want us to really help. Otherwise turdbogls might be right.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:14 PM

I went through several Zune HD's as I continually had to return them and request a new one from Microsoft after several defects (even the one I have is sub-par). One of the devices I had had either an awful screen or graphics processor. Colors would bleed across borders, the screen seemed to blend and smudge moving objects, etc. If this is your problem, there are few things to do... If you are in the US, try to register your serial number on Zune.net and apply for a replacement product. If not, contact your Ebay seller.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szero11 View Post
Do anyone have artifacts on their Zune HD? Especially in the menu? Is there a way to fix it or is it just the software?
I think that's a problem specifically with the oled screen, and I don't think there is a way to fix it. I'm sure I know what you're talking about since when the screen is totally black, I would notice some parts are blacker than the rest. I've tried it with multiple artist photos, and it's the same when there's no color being displayed.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenArms3 View Post
I went through several Zune HD's as I continually had to return them and request a new one from Microsoft after several defects (even the one I have is sub-par). One of the devices I had had either an awful screen or graphics processor. Colors would bleed across borders, the screen seemed to blend and smudge moving objects, etc. If this is your problem, there are few things to do... If you are in the US, try to register your serial number on Zune.net and apply for a replacement product. If not, contact your Ebay seller.
=( I have a defect too... my zuneHD wont connect to any router, I don't want to exchange my zune because it takes like a month... so now I have to spend my money on buying a new zunehd for my birthday... sigh

Old 07-20-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem7 View Post
=( I have a defect too... my zuneHD wont connect to any router, I don't want to exchange my zune because it takes like a month... so now I have to spend my money on buying a new zunehd for my birthday... sigh
You're kidding about the second part, right?

I hope so.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:56 PM

Nope I'm not joking... I cant last a day without my zHD. I rather buy a new one than send it in and wait for 1 month. well unless somehow my zHD miraculously gets fixed, but i doubt it.

Old 07-21-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreiad View Post
I think that's a problem specifically with the oled screen, and I don't think there is a way to fix it. I'm sure I know what you're talking about since when the screen is totally black, I would notice some parts are blacker than the rest. I've tried it with multiple artist photos, and it's the same when there's no color being displayed.
Well, unless he was using it in the dark, the grey spots are not noticeable.

Tags
artifacts, mp3 player, resolution, screen, zune hd