android
Old 05-19-2010, 02:41 PM

Default Zune HD Premium Car Pack vs. Soundgate Core?

I'm debating between the Zune HD Premium Car Pack and the Soundgate Core ZNCBLPAK. I'll be hooking up my Zune HD to the Aux in input on my car stereo. I could not find any product comparisons, so I'm curious as to what people here think about either (or both if they've used both).

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-19-2010, 02:55 PM

If you are just using aux, get the SoundGate solution... it's cheaper. Why pay for the FM transmitter?

Old 05-19-2010, 03:41 PM

I used the core with the remote to watch vid's on dvd head unit,bio and pictures when playing music. It works great!

Old 05-19-2010, 05:12 PM

If you don't have a dvd head unit, what is the difference between using either of those, and just running an aux cable from your headphone jack to the aux input on your car stereo?

btw, i think microsoft should license the zune hd interface to car stereo manufacturers...having that touch interface on a dvd head unit would be amazing, maybe even have a way to play your zune marketplace stuff via a usb stick or memory stick

Old 05-19-2010, 05:49 PM

1) It's powered/charged while connected. 2) Aux volume is fixed at 100%, so you never need to jack up the headphone volume when using it in the car. 3) It pauses when you turn off the car. (Well, when power is killed.)

Old 06-29-2010, 12:50 PM

Looks like the Soundgate line's been discontinued. http://www.kicker.com/soundgate You can pick up a really discounted unit on ebay right now, but I suppose you'd better not wait if you really want one.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:04 PM

As a follow-up on this thread, I can't recommend the Soundgate. The one I picked up crapped out in under a month, whereas an open box Zune HD Premium Car Pack I also have is going strong.