android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

shutterbug98: Please, no one is attacking you for selecting the View - really hope you don't feel that way. The folks here are trying to educate you a bit based on experience.

I also agree with Martian and skip252 - it sucks that you were unable to use the Sony E in the way you wanted to. But the truth is, the device itself serves its primary function most excellently and is, IMO, among the best players currently out, especially for the price/capacity/sound enhancements/form factor/fit and finish calculus.

The View indeed is an older device with of course older technology. I don't know much about it, but for sure, it is getting up there in age and seems to be not get getting any new updates/support from Sandisk. Also, reports from View owners here on ABi and elsewhere are kind of a mixed bag...

Hopefully you will find the View better for your purposes.

However, if pics/videos are a huge priority for you, you may simply need to purchase a more expensive device [like an Archos, Cowon, ZuneHD or even iPod-type] to fill your needs.

For me [and I think for many others as well] watching videos on screens as small as on the Sony E and other similar devices [where video is really a secondary feature] is a non-starter and is nothing more than an amusing, but useless feature.

In any event, good luck and hope you are satisfied and happy! :-)
-lestatar
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Tags
nwz e-345, picture & video problems, sony