android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2010, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
NBC: good for you! Hope you love em. Man, I am indeed entranced but I know myself - I need to let things simmer before I pull the trigger. :-)

Please be sure to post back your impressions! :-D

btw, I own the EP630 - I always found them pretty good....Until I started hanging around here and getting an education. They still sound ok, but don't compare to some of my more recent IEM acquisitions.
lestatar, thanks! I certainly hope I love them too. Otherwise it would be an expensive lesson. This was actually not a spur of the moment purchase. I had been mulling over these phones for a few days and had been PMing with dfkt privately about them.

I'm a greenhorn when it comes to expensive IEMs, so my comments won't mean much but I will do the courtesy of following up with my greenhorn impression.

I know the EP630 isn't considered anything great. I like them for their shape/comfort for sleeping. SQ wise, I know its bass is considered "muddy". I do want something with more clarity, but I don't think I want something that's too analytic. I believe, and hope, the Panasonics will fit what I believe is my preference, but I won't really know until I hear these 'phones. I'm very much looking forward to testing these out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
The Super.Fi tips are my absolute favorite. They isolate as good as it gets for single flance silicon - they're made from thicker material, and they have no visible injection mold ridges, so they're a bit more comfy than other tips, at least for my ears.
dfkt, if you have the time and inclination, can you post a few images of these tips? I'd like to see what you're referring to. Thanks.

F/K/A Need Balance Control