android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Sleek

Old 06-26-2010, 04:01 PM

Default sleek hd data recovery - is this the right adapter?

hello!

stumbled across this forum whilst looking for info on how to disassemble the sleek, your how-to was very informative

basicallly the power button is broken on this sleek and when i do get it to turn on, and plug it into my windows box it has trouble recognising it, and i get a memory error? figure the drive is corrupt or similar.

anyways took it to bits to connect the drive directly, i had a cf I/II to sata knocking about and as the pins matched thought i'd give it a go. No joy in getting it to just *work*

So, do i have the right adapter? or do i need some driver? or am i completely wrong and barking mad

any ideas appreciated

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-10-2010, 02:04 AM

Hi, gobbledigook. The Sleek doesn't get much attention these days, unfortunately (IMHO).

I think you may have the wrong adapter. I think the Sleek uses an ATA/IDE hard disk. That being said, I still haven't gotten around to opening mine.