android
Old 06-16-2010, 08:46 AM

Default Clip - Not Charging/Not Recognized

I have a V1 4 gb CLIP.

It has been playing fine. I have an AC adaptor and believed I had charged it up but although it showed charging it really didn't charge.

When I connected it to the 'puter recently to add some files I got the USB device not recognized message. The Clip keep restarting over and over but wasn't recognized - the USB to computer connection didn't provide a charge either.

The Clip itself starts, and alternates between the "connected" and
"Sansa" logo.

I rebooted the computer to no avail and tried to connect it to another. The Clip starts and works fine except not the battery is dead and it just shuts off unless it is directly connected to the charger or USB to computer.

Is it dead or does it need a new battery - assuming a DIY change is possible?

Thanks!

UPDATED:

I got it to charge via the AC adaptor but the computer still does not recognize it. The Clip just says writing, connected and keeps recycling on and off.

UPDATE #2:

I tried it with a laptop running XP and it was recognized fine and charged via USB. Looks to be an issue with my home computer running Vista 64 bit..................

Last edited by nanook; 06-16-2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Update

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-16-2010, 06:26 PM

Try switching the clip to "MSC" mode. Settings, System Settings, USB Mode.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:01 AM

I had a similar problem intermittently. Jiggling the USB cable made it come and go, and I noticed that the USB connector pins on the Clip were bent. I straightened them out *very* carefully and got it working again. Mostly I love my Clip, but the USB connector is very flimsy (compare other mini-USB devices and they often have a thin plastic flange under the pins to provide stability.)