android
Old 06-25-2010, 03:28 PM

Default Zune driver doesn't connect

I have tried everything for over 6 hours trying to connect my new Zune HD 16 with no luck. I have talked to microsoft support also and no luck. Can any one tell me how I can get my computer to recognize my new Zune? In the device manager it has the yellow backgrond with the exclamation point in it under portable devices. i come up with an error code 39 when I try to update the drive. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-25-2010, 04:02 PM

Error 39 means the driver is missing or corrupt. In the device manager, uninstall the driver. Then uninstall the Zune software. Restart your computer. Restart your device. Then reinstall the software and try again.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:38 PM

I tried it but it still does not work. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the software 4 times now and still no luck. I point it to the folder where the drivers are and it still comes up error code 39. Another 3 hours...

Old 06-25-2010, 09:13 PM

If what club recommended didn't work then unfortunately it's your pc. Not sure how it works but certain pc configurations won't allow a proper install of the drivers. It could be one program getting in the way.

I'd recommend either using another computer if you can or PM'ing skipdeez (Matt Akers from the Zune team) on the Zune Social. You'll have to register a Zune Tag account if you haven't already.

Last edited by Machiventa; 06-25-2010 at 09:18 PM.