Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa e200 > Sansa e200 Rockbox

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Default Solution to issue

I've found one solution that works, and I am very pleased with it.

Internet references say to create an empty file titled database.ignore and place this file into whichever directory/file/subfile you wish to exclude from the database. Creating the file myself did not work; however, there is an ignore.database file already in the .rockbox folder. So, if you want to flag or exclude podcasts, songs, or any other file from your database simply copy the database.ignore file from the .rockbox folder and paste it into the folder you wish to exclude. Refresh your database, and you're good to go.

If you want to get fancy, the one thing I have not tried is if you want a directory ignored but a subdirectory scanned. If a subdirectory of an 'ignored' directory should still be scanned, place a file named database.unignore in it. That will ignore the main directory but include the subfolder.

Hope this helps someone. I know I am very relieved that Dennis Leary will not be making an unexpected appearance when innocent ears are nearby.