android
Old 06-18-2010, 06:31 AM

Default c240 memory card

I would like to purchase a memory card for the c240 but not sure of type. I looked at Amazon and they have one "Sandisk standard sd" 2gb (SDSBD-2048). I have looked at other posts about this topic and it looks like it will work in this player but I'm not sure. One question is, does it just expand the capacity for storage of tunes or does it add to the speed at which it works? Also, will this card work with this player? I like this player as it is the only one that retains my setting for sleep turnoff times. Every other player I have loses the setting and if I wake up in the middle of the night, I don't want to have to fiddle around with resetting it. Thanks for any thoughts.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Your player takes microsd cards, not SD cards.

Any microsd card 2GB and below should work. Larger cards will work if you have a V2 player, and can be made to work on V1 players by using Rockbox (but will not work in the sandisk firmware).

Old 06-18-2010, 04:30 PM

Thanks for response. All the microsd cards on Amazon refer to their use in mobile phones, but not mp3 players. Do they also work in mp3 players? Also, with regard to the speed, do the cards enhance the speed at all? This is the one I am looking at .
SanDisk 2GB MicroSD/TransFlash Card with SD Adapter

Thanks again.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Administrator

You didn't provide a link, just the name in bold font. That's OK, I just looked at the top 20 Amazon search results and they will all work in your player. A higher class rating won't speed up or enhance anything on the player.The only thing that the class rating affects is the speed during file transfer not operation on the player. The speed of any microsd card is much faster than any operation internal to the player so you will be just fine.

BTW if you want to provide a valid link just copy the address from your browsers location bar and paste it into the body of your post. The forum software will detect that it is a URL and turn it into a hyperlink. Like this, http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57

Old 06-19-2010, 06:48 AM

I do appreciate your help - I was hoping for a little more functioning speed for the player itself - guess I'll have to settle for its slow ways. Thanks again.