android
Old 06-16-2010, 09:52 PM

Default Resume Playback feature mystery

Hello,

I have four Recorded Books on my Clip+. If I am half way through the first choice (let's say I am at Chapter 10 of 30) and decide to start another, no problem. Now, let say I don't like the second book and stop about 1/4 of the way through (let's say I am at Chapter 3 of 15) and select the third book. Again, no problem. However, the third book is boring and I've decided to go back to the first book. I find the book on the player, push buttons and scroll over until it says, Play All (the chapters in that particular book) and I am prompted with Resume Playback or Start from the Beginning. I select Resume Playback and it starts back at Chapter 1!

Nothing has changed since I started listening except the passing of time.

NOW, let say that between book one and book two, I recharge the device by hooking it up to my computer or other charging device. When I unhook it, the player is exactly where I left it before charging. No problem here. BUT, if I, during this recharging process, decide to add a book or remove a book, then I understand why it doesn't go back to my stopping point by selecting Resume Playback.....but I don't like it.

So, after all this babbling, why during regular selecting of books does it not remember where I stopped listening?

Thanks
Mike

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-17-2010, 03:38 PM

Have you tried doing a firmware update?

Old 06-17-2010, 06:25 PM

Yes. Have the latest and greatest. I do think it is the operator not understanding the device's protocol.......but, I don't want to put that in writing.....

Old 06-18-2010, 09:05 AM

First let me say I don't know the answer but having done some programming I have a good idea what is going on.

There is probably only one pointer indicating how far into the book you are. Likely when you change books it resets to the beginning.

You seem to be making the assumption that a pointer (bookmark) is established for each book you load. That may not be the case.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Actually, the firmware was upgraded a bit ago so that you should have a bookmark for each of your books.