android
Old 04-09-2010, 12:12 AM

Default Zune HD paint wearing off

The paints of the silver panel under the home button seems to be wearing off. Well, it's not actually wearing off. It seems more of a discoloration. And it's actually spearing around the edges of the silver panel. Is anyone else having this problem!?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 900zune1.jpg (37.1 KB, 186 views)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-09-2010, 08:41 AM

are you sure it isn't just dirt or oil from your hands making it "discolored" ? maybe try rubbing alcohol or something (just a little bit) to try and get it off...i have a 16GB black so i notice nothing

Old 04-09-2010, 07:52 PM

yeah mines too but then i went outside in the sun and found out a purple-ish ink stained it, the cause is from the cheap case i bought for my Zune HD.... Oh btw does anyone know how the zHD look without the silver/black rubber panel?

Old 04-10-2010, 09:10 AM

I have a black 16gb and the silver paint appears to be peeling/cracking in the middle of the 'sandwich', right underneath where it says hello from Seattle. I'm very careful with the device, it's never dropped or exposed to any liquids or anything - I'm thinking maybe they just used some cheap paint or something?

Old 04-10-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryzonabay View Post
I have a black 16gb and the silver paint appears to be peeling/cracking in the middle of the 'sandwich', right underneath where it says hello from Seattle. I'm very careful with the device, it's never dropped or exposed to any liquids or anything - I'm thinking maybe they just used some cheap paint or something?
Not happening to me; could you post a picture?

Old 04-10-2010, 07:06 PM

Thanks for the respond guys. I have tried cleaning it, and it won't come off. I don't think it's stain, because i take really good care of my Zune HD. I keep my zune hd inside a suede jacket sleeve. I put it inside the hidden zipper pocket in my book bag when I'm in school. And I put it inside the empty locker when i'm at work. I never leave it in my car, because I'm afraid it will freeze or overheat.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:43 PM

On my Zune, the bottom of the device, where one plugs it in to charge it or put in head phones, clicks when I apply pressure, and it seems like that it will break or something undesirable will happen if one presses too hard. Anybody else have this issue?

Old 04-10-2010, 10:03 PM

Yeah... It makes a click sound when I push it I don't think its a issue though

Old 04-11-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedalin View Post
Not happening to me; could you post a picture?
DSC04929.jpg

Don't know how well you can see it, but the silver paint right below 'hello from seattle' appears to be peeling or cracking.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryzonabay View Post
Attachment 8609

Don't know how well you can see it, but the silver paint right below 'hello from seattle' appears to be peeling or cracking.
Oh, now that I check my Zune, my paint is peeling off on the other side, but it doesn't seem to be a paint issue; it seems more like they didn't get a proper seal when they applied the paint.

Old 04-11-2010, 03:01 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem7 View Post
Yeah... It makes a click sound when I push it I don't think its a issue though
Oh okay good. I've been terrified that the bottom would just like fall off.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald View Post
Oh okay good. I've been terrified that the bottom would just like fall off.
Mine does the same thing... I thought it was because i always put my thumb there when i lock my zune, but i guess its just there all the time. haha

Add Me on Zune Social! my name is: mq1991

Old 04-15-2010, 04:43 PM

Ain't got none of your problems. My ZuneHD has been in a DLO Action Jacket since day one. :-)

Maybe its just general exposure to the elements like sunlight/humidity ect..

Old 05-02-2010, 11:47 PM

The discoloration is getting worse and worse each day. Now it's like a thick black line on the bottom edges of the zune. When i look closer, it's actually dark green. I use a Suede Jacket from http://www.sfbags.com/products/zune-...ede-jacket.htm . Could this be the cause of the discoloration?

Old 05-03-2010, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigham View Post
The discoloration is getting worse and worse each day. Now it's like a thick black line on the bottom edges of the zune. When i look closer, it's actually dark green. I use a Suede Jacket from http://www.sfbags.com/products/zune-...ede-jacket.htm . Could this be the cause of the discoloration?
It may very well be from the case. I remember my old Zune leeching paint from my wallet.

Old 06-17-2010, 04:31 PM

I spoke too soon, The paint is now chipping off my zuneHD cannot be stopped >:L Im thinking of removing the zHD parts and spray paint it.

Anyways i got a solution for the zHD.... USE NAIL POLISH REMOVER!!! It works wonders, it removed the ink from my cheap zHD case and now it looks kind-of new again.