android
Old 06-11-2010, 10:44 AM

Default Problem with duplicate files on Clip+

Has anyone seen a problem where duplicate files are being stored on the Clip+? Basically the same songs are being stored in multiple different folders, and these different folders are named with a pre-pended garbled text string.

I am using MediaMonkey (3.2) to load playlists the Clip+. As I add new songs to various playlists, and then sync these playlists to the Clip+, some songs are getting stored in strangely named folders, something like '3A000WXYZ_Elvis Costello'. This does not happen on all songs, just some of them. There may be multiple different 'Elvis Costello' folders, named with different garbled pre-pended strings, each containing the same music files.

I am seeing this problem on the external uSD card (8GB). I don't recall seeing this on the internal memory (which is 8GB).

I am running the latest firmware on the Clip+ (01.02.15A)
MediaMonkey version is 3.2.0.1294

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-11-2010, 12:30 PM

I've seen that happen on sansa's running in MTP mode, which causes file corruption. You can either format the player and reload tunes or if you want to try saving your music files by trying eror-checking CHKDSK.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 06-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Dbjor

the 'funny' named folders seems to be something that happens when syncing with Media Monkey and similar software. It has definitely been reported before. I believe that the same folks reported multiple copies of songs as well.

Steve

Old 06-12-2010, 10:16 AM

I would expect multiple copies if any of the tag fields the clip uses to categorize songs were different. Why the tag fields should be corrupted is another matter.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave61430 View Post
I would expect multiple copies if any of the tag fields the clip uses to categorize songs were different. Why the tag fields should be corrupted is another matter.
Actually I'm pretty sure that the mp3 tag fields have nothing to do with a duplicate file. One file can be stored on the Clip in two different folders thus creating a duplicate situation. I have had it happen on my Clip and I think on my Fuze.

Steve