android
Old 06-03-2010, 02:23 AM

Default Now playing screen - artist images in the background

I just got my Zune and synced all my music. I've album art for pretty much all of my music, but it just shows up over a black background rather than images of the artists. How do you get the slick-looking artist images to show up?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-03-2010, 02:40 AM

usually right-clicking on the artist and selecting "more about this artist" does the trick for me. i can't say the same for my she & him albums though but the rest are working just fine

Old 06-03-2010, 05:12 AM

In the zune 4.0 software in settings

Check metadata section and make sure you have "Automatically update album art and metadata" checked and "Only add missing information" checked

Old 06-03-2010, 05:19 AM

It should do it automatically, just give it a while maybe

Old 06-03-2010, 08:04 AM

usually it takes me connecting to the internet on the device for a couple minutes to update the artist images.....just check your email or something for a couple minutes and they should all work after that (assuming you have the correct info and spellings and whatnot)

Old 06-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Sub-Forum Moderator

1) that data gets downloaded while the device screen shows 'sync complete' Don't disconnect until that msg changes to 'connected.'
2) not all artists have data yet, and even for those that do, your album must be linked to the marketplace. That happens automatically if your settings are as kite7 suggested, or you can disable that and link them manually (use find album info.)

Old 06-03-2010, 02:14 PM

Hmm, you guys are right. After connecting to wifi with the Zune, it added some artist images. There are still a lot that are missing, and for pretty well-known bands like The Beatles and Led Zeppelin. Should I give it more time, or is there something else I need to do to make it happen?

Old 06-03-2010, 02:26 PM

It can take some time. I know when I first set my Zune up (I don't use the WiFi on it), it wasn't until I had done several sync's that I had the artist info for some of my 150+ albums. It really seems to do it as a background task. So even for well-known artists, its just a matter of time until it gets to that album and updates the info.

K.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:31 PM

I have the opposite problem. How do I get rid of the artist image? I have no problem with artist images in general, but not when they show the wrong artist.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Sub-Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celenet View Post
I have the opposite problem. How do I get rid of the artist image? I have no problem with artist images in general, but not when they show the wrong artist.
Relink the album to the marketplace, after you check the tag data. Or, it's rare, but the marketplace data could be wrong- doubtful, but possible.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
Relink the album to the marketplace, after you check the tag data. Or, it's rare, but the marketplace data could be wrong- doubtful, but possible.
The album isn't itself on the marketplace.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Sub-Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celenet View Post
The album isn't itself on the marketplace.
then it somehow got linked (by you or the software) to the wrong album. there is a custom tag on that song, and so far, I haven't seen how to get rid of it. Rip a fresh copy of that song if you can.