android
Old 05-26-2010, 02:22 PM

Default Invisible Shield

I've used Invisible Shields (and comparable brands) on many of my devices over the last few years. I think they work really well and currently have a full body skin/shield on my ZuneHD. Application can be a bit tricky at times but I saw a tip someone online that suggested that you go into the bathroom and let some hot shower water run to get it nice and steamy in there when you apply the skin. I tried this and it made it a lot easier. With all the moisture in the air your fingers don't dry out and it makes positioning the skin much easier. It also makes it less likely that there will be dust floating around in the air that could get between the skin and the device. This method worked great for me. So you might want to give that a try.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-26-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcaneFlame View Post
I've used Invisible Shields (and comparable brands) on many of my devices over the last few years. I think they work really well and currently have a full body skin/shield on my ZuneHD. Application can be a bit tricky at times but I saw a tip someone online that suggested that you go into the bathroom and let some hot shower water run to get it nice and steamy in there when you apply the skin. I tried this and it made it a lot easier. With all the moisture in the air your fingers don't dry out and it makes positioning the skin much easier. It also makes it less likely that there will be dust floating around in the air that could get between the skin and the device. This method worked great for me. So you might want to give that a try.
Just don't go overboard and try doing it while in a jacuzzi!

Old 05-26-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonousjuice View Post
Just don't go overboard and try doing it while in a jacuzzi!
That is unless you're putting it on an ipad... then go right ahead and use the jacuzzi method.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:56 PM

I have a Bodyguardz and I must say, it works very well. Of course, I haven't really dropped it a whole lot, but the couple times I have it's been fine. And the clarity is great, and doesn't affect touch responsiveness at all. Hope that helps!

Old 05-27-2010, 12:46 PM

Thanks for the tips! I will definitely try the "steam room" method when everything arrives.

K.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:21 PM

i work for invisible shields at the mall. lol its easy to install
just just some tips spray spray and spray
the zune is pretty well built just spray the sticky side of the film 2 or 3 times then spray ur zune screen. make sure there's no dust though. when u lay it on it can slide a bit and that really good for aligning it correctly. same gos for the back. also when u squeegee the film to spray the top because it makes the the squeegee much smoother spray the squeegee too if u want. sorry if it doesn't make sense I'm in a rush good luck. and my zunehd looks great with it on.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:52 PM

@zero91192: thats some awsome tips, ill keep that in mind when my invisible shield arives in the mail.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylorbear134 View Post
no, i have a scratch on the screen of my zune so its obviously not invincible.
The manual clearly states not to carry diamonds in the same pocket as your Zune.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:20 PM

Welp, my Zune HD 64 arrived today, and so did my InvisibleShield! So I guess I'll be attempting installation tonight after I ensure this sucker is working 100% properly.

Speaking of, and maybe this is a Dave-MS question, why the hell did my Zune Originals come with firmware version 4.0? The latest is 4.5, so why ship a new, custom made device with such an old version?

K.

Old 06-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkman71 View Post
Welp, my Zune HD 64 arrived today, and so did my InvisibleShield! So I guess I'll be attempting installation tonight after I ensure this sucker is working 100% properly.

Speaking of, and maybe this is a Dave-MS question, why the hell did my Zune Originals come with firmware version 4.0? The latest is 4.5, so why ship a new, custom made device with such an old version?
Glad you got your screen shield!

I presume the reason for the v4.0 firmware is because all the test processes at the factory use that build, and since you have to plug in the device to a PC to set it up anyway, no sense in retooling the factory builds each time we have a firmware bump.

That's my guess...

Cheers, Dave.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:21 PM

I bought the universal one, and it worked well except some parts of the Zune can be hard to get right (Example near the home button) I actually bought it cause my screen got scratched without a protector! I'm not sure how, one of those mysterious pocket scratches, so I would say yeah Its worth it, but buy the full body one. It just makes things easier. I'm not sure if its actually more effective then a generic screen protector though. In the past, I've used that super sticky tape you use to package boxes or seal up your windows in winter with. My zune was living with a big crack in the top left hand for a while, and the invisible shield actually kept the glass together. I got a new one, and I'm getting essentially a generic screen protector http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product
So I can tell you when it gets here if its worth it or not. In the mean time, i recommend I.S. Note it takes a while to dry which can be irritating if you have to leave it at home and go out.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:32 PM

I let it dry for about 12 hours or so. Listening on the Zune now. I did notice I still have one annoying piece of hair or lint or something that I am going to attempt to extract with tweezers -- the very end of this short piece is sticking out under the shield. The shower trick worked for the most part, though I wonder if now the device will have it's water damage indicator set inside. All that steam...

Anyway, thanks again for all the tips and suggestions!

K.