android
Old 11-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Rockbox Staff

Default Looking for Toshiba Gigabeat X spare parts

Hi everyone, I'm in need of some spare parts for my girlfriend's Gigabeat X30. Specifically, I need to find a new faceplate, as hers has a light crack running on the bottom of the screen. The LCD isn't affected, but it's a little annoying to look at the screen and see this crack on it.

I also need to find a spare battery, but I may do with a fresh F or S battery. If anyone has a spare faceplate or two that they're willing to let go of (red preferred, but any color is okay), drop me a line. Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-05-2008, 03:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Ebay is your friend. I saw couple non-working players. search gigabeat. http://cgi.ebay.com/Toshiba-gigabeat...d=p3286.c0.m14 seller has another one too.

Last edited by coachop94; 11-05-2008 at 03:18 AM. Reason: more info

Old 11-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Rockbox Staff

A Gigabeat S isn't going to help me. The X and S still have differences on their fronts (no buttons under the X's screen, for example).

Old 04-25-2009, 02:04 AM

Does this mean you know how to get the damn thing open? I took out and the screws from mine, but still can't get into it... No idea what the trick is.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Rockbox Staff

Once you unscrew all the screws, you have to *gently* slide the back down about an inch or so, and then you can lift it off.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambdaCalculus379 View Post
Once you unscrew all the screws, you have to *gently* slide the back down about an inch or so, and then you can lift it off.
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but this is proving annoying. A friend of mine has an X30 that suddenly died on her. It won't start up - it shows the loading screen and then a screen with 'Rockbox boot loader - file not found', then shuts down. If I plug it in to the PC, the PC doesn't recognise it.

It's highly sentimental and she asked if I might try to fix it. I found some instructions on how to resolve this issue by disconnecting the HDD, however I need to be able to remove the back cover to do this, and as it's not mine, I'm trying to be as gentle as possible.

I've removed a screw from the centre top of the back plate, 2 screws from the bottom of the device and a screw from the lanyard holder. From there I'd expect to be able to gently slide the backplate down and off, but it won't budge.

The backplate looks loose on the lanyard side, but on the side with the volume controls it won't budge - are there any screws or things that need to be done to free this side? Both above the power button and below the 'A' button, there appears to be some catches, but I can't seem to depress them or do anything with them. Do I need to?

Old 03-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Is an F40 something you'd be interested in? I have one in great condition, w/the inline remote I'll sell for $60, w/all the original packaging.

PM me if your interested.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benno View Post
The backplate looks loose on the lanyard side, but on the side with the volume controls it won't budge - are there any screws or things that need to be done to free this side? Both above the power button and below the 'A' button, there appears to be some catches, but I can't seem to depress them or do anything with them. Do I need to?
Just for anyone interested, I managed to get this apart. Above and below the volume/power controls are some semicircular shaped pads, with a single tiny hole in each. Using a paperclip, I was able to remove these which revealed some screws underneath.

Hope this helps someone else!