android
Old 05-12-2010, 07:28 AM

Default USB Device not recognized

Hi, I've got a problem with my Sansa Clip+ 8GB when I connect it at work. At home with three different PC (two Windows 7 and one Vista) no problem at all. My configuration at work is Windows XP SP3 with all MS fixes. Winamp installed but not running (checked process in the background, no agent detected).
The Windows Media Player version is 10.00.00.4074 . I opened WMP now for the first time . At home on Windows7 I "use" (never opened) the shipped version, 12. My Sansa is set in MSC mode, but it doesn't work in MTP mode either. Connected at different USB ports. The USB cable(s) are ok, tested with various devices.
Connected with a different pc (XP SP3) with the same WMP version it's ok.

The error is always the same: "USB Device not Recognized". Sometimes (5%-10%) the device work but I can't figure the program/process that cause the error. My Sansa is updated with the latest firmware (v. 01.02.13). If someone can point me to any tools to debug the problem I'll be happy to share the results. Thank you in advance

Fabio

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-12-2010, 09:33 AM

Maybe this is no help at all, but... have you tried to open it on a different OS altogether?

Try downloading a Linux liveCD and open the device under that OS to see if it's recognized. Or you can try opening on someone else's computer, if available.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henriquemaia View Post
Maybe this is no help at all, but... have you tried to open it on a different OS altogether?

Try downloading a Linux liveCD and open the device under that OS to see if it's recognized. Or you can try opening on someone else's computer, if available.
Hi henriquemaia, thank you for your answer: as I explained the error only happen on my pc at work. With different OS (Vista, 7, even tried on Ubuntu) everything works fine. At work with a different pc with the same OS (WinXP SP3), same Microsoft fixes (but obviously different program installed) the device is correctly detected.
It's a frustrating situation because I can't update my library at work or copy files to/from my pc. I can definitively work with that but I'll be happy to know what is causing this malfunction. Thank you in advance.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Maybe your network administrator has locked down your pc? where as you cannot make any changes .

or maybe you need to update win media to the latest version

Old 05-12-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgb52 View Post
Maybe your network administrator has locked down your pc? where as you cannot make any changes .
or maybe you need to update win media to the latest version
Hi the pc it's not locked: I'm inside a domain but my user has admin permissions. If I logon on a different pc (same hardware and OS with SAME Windows Media Player version) with my credentials the CLIP+ is correctly detected. Sometimes (10%-15%) the CLIP+ is correctly detected.

I'll try to update WMP tomorrow... luckily I finished working for today