android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Ok, here you go...And again, i am not using m3u playlists...

#1: Screenshot of Win Explorer view of Fuze + 16GB card [I only have 2 playlists created so far]:

#2: Opened up 1 of the playlists using Notepad: note the mmc:1 vs mmc:0 locations denoting either main memory of Fuze or SD card:

#3: YAPL, once it has finished loading my Fuze and SD card. Note: Initial load time with YAPL was several minutes...after that, a local db is created on my PC i believe and subsequent load times are very much quicker:

#4: Clicking on "Untitled Playlist" in upper right corner opens menu choices, including: New Playlist, Open..., Merge..., Save..., Rename Playlist, Clear Playlist, Sort [4 levels] and Stored Playlists...Note: you can save your playlist both on the device and also locally on your PC:

Again, YAPL is not perfect, but it does work just as advertised and has been very stable for me. I love it and big credit to ABi member Dunny for coding this. Hopefully a smoother, faster refreshing v5 of the app is coming for Win.

There are other ways to create playlists on Fuze of course, but this is the only GUI I have found so far - and to me this is the simplest no muss no fuss way to get it done.

Especially strong for the invaluable ability to mix main memory and external card media on the same playlist.

Kinda surprised that more playlist/Fuze owners using MSC don't use this great app more.

cheers and good luck,
-lestatar
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies