android
Old 11-24-2006, 12:20 PM

Just wanted to add my confirmation that audible.com support is in the 2.01 update.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-28-2006, 09:39 AM

And also in the 2.00 firmware with which the 4GB clix originally ships.

Old 11-28-2006, 12:09 PM

BTW, does the new Clix firmware support bookmarks for mp3 audiobooks like Iaudio and Rio?

Old 11-29-2006, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IpaqMan
BTW, does the new Clix firmware support bookmarks for mp3 audiobooks like Iaudio and Rio?
Yes it does.

Old 12-01-2006, 11:55 AM

I've asked this in other forums but thought I would also post it here. When bookmarking MP3 files (or audible files for that matter) does the Clix also support saving the album or play-list the track was in? And then when you reload the bookmark does it load back the album or play-list as it was when you bookmarked? This helps in riped Audio Books as there could be many many tracks to a book and if it just loads up the single track without the rest of the play-list or album you would have to reload these tracks into your play-list...

Thanks...

D...

Old 12-01-2006, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by douea
I've asked this in other forums but thought I would also post it here. When bookmarking MP3 files (or audible files for that matter) does the Clix also support saving the album or play-list the track was in? And then when you reload the bookmark does it load back the album or play-list as it was when you bookmarked? This helps in riped Audio Books as there could be many many tracks to a book and if it just loads up the single track without the rest of the play-list or album you would have to reload these tracks into your play-list...

Thanks...

D...
Looks like the Clix dosn't do this. I have 2 audio books on my clix right now. One is from audible.com and the other is downloaded from my local library. The formats are totally different. The audible.com book is one continues stream that can be searched by chapter or bookmark. You can ff, rw, bookmark and resume anywhere in the book. The book I got from the free library is like what you are talking about. It's an album with 15 separte tracks. There are no bookmarks and you can only resume if you don't play another album before hand. Personally I perfer the format audible.com uses.

Old 12-28-2006, 07:00 PM

Can anyone confirm how long the Clix remembers the position in the current song it is playing? Can it be shut off and restart at the same position? For example, I recently purchased the Zen Vision M for audio books. The big problem is that it forgets its position in the current song/book if you leave it off for more than 5 hours. My Z5 also loses its position, but it has to be inactive for more than 24 hours.

Old 12-31-2006, 02:06 AM

The clix will "forget" after 24 hours, when it goes into the hard off state.

Old 01-03-2007, 12:15 PM

There must be some reason that none of these companies implement a feature to "remember" after a hard off state.