android
Old 05-05-2010, 06:11 PM

Default Viliv P3....Videos

Videos:

Not sure about you guys but this is the most exciting device I have seen in a very very long time. Personally I feel that the DAP/PMP market has been lacking innovation and exciting products recently and this is the type of device i've been waiting to see for a very long.

The bite of coverflow is not ideal, the file name instead of title listing isn't either. But 800x480 AMOLED, dual boot android 2.1/windows CE, multitouch, android market, Cortex A8, micro sd expansion and all the other features and functions, on paper wipe the floor with anything available in the sub 4 inch PMP category at the moment. Anyone who knows about ultra portable computing will also know Viliv's pedigree is second to none. They have more experience and expertise at building this kind of device than every dedicated pmp/dap manufacturer out there. You just have to look at the videos to see this prototype already looks very well implemented.

Many will disagree but I also feel that companies like cowon, who in the past I have had great respect and appreciation for have really dropped the bat lately. Over pricing, weak proprietary software, lack of connectivity are all hampering their progress IMO. Obviously all dap/pmp fans will always praise the SQ and battery life and so do I, but personally I was very disappointed by both the V5 and the J3, particularly in terms of the uninspired software and lack of connectivity. I want an all round meida device not just a great sounding player......this is why I am looking to the P3.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-05-2010, 06:27 PM

I want this thing to be released already so I can read a review on it...it's between this and the J3 for my next serious player. The P3 had better deliver...the specs are so much nicer underneath.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:29 PM

I'm looking forward to it as well, as an upgrade from my Cowon S9 for videos. I emailed Viliv about availibility and they said:

"P3 is scheduled for launch in South Korean market in May and will be
available from viliv's retail partners in Q2."

The specs are amazing:

Old 05-05-2010, 06:42 PM

Wow, awesome! So there should be some more videos/pictures floating around soon. Granted, nothing I can understand for a while, but that really is great. I hope the Viliv can at least offer some semblance of competition to my S9's sound and battery life.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

So what will the the battery life be like (I wonder,....)?

Old 05-05-2010, 08:44 PM

I suspect it will be good. All of Viliv's other umpc/MID type devices like the S5, X70 etc all have strong battery performance. The big question is what will the price be. A high end spec like this is bound to cost serious $$$$$!