android
Old 04-26-2010, 01:07 AM

Default So I just got a Sansa Clip+ yesterday

All is good and it sounds great although it's warmer than even my Zen Microphoto. Anyone got any recommendations with the EQ to give it a little more oomph?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-26-2010, 01:14 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Depends on what you mean by "oomph"....if you adjust the custom EQ, the overall volume drops slightly, although not as bad as on the Fuze or original Clip. But it's OK for minor adjustments, more so than on the older models.

And as far as asking other people for what settings they recommend, that really doesn't work....because everyone's ears are different, and everyone's 'phones are different too.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:01 AM

by oomph I mean more bass yeah haha, it's obvious I haven't been on head-fi for a while

I'm using my UE Triple Fi with these and it sounds pretty good otherwise but I'm trying to get some of the bass to feel a bit more crisp/punchier

I'm having a hard time describing it haha

Old 04-26-2010, 02:12 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, you could try bumping up the custom EQ slider all the way to the left....unless you like any of the presets.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveblade View Post
by oomph I mean more bass yeah haha, it's obvious I haven't been on head-fi for a while

I'm using my UE Triple Fi with these and it sounds pretty good otherwise but I'm trying to get some of the bass to feel a bit more crisp/punchier

I'm having a hard time describing it haha
As long as you brought up head-fi, they it's prob. worth mentioning they don't show a lot of love for the stock Sansa clip/+ EQ. Can't say if it's any good myself, I haven't tried it yet.

If you don't mind folder browsing, than there is a build of rockbox that currently is working for the Clip+, check out that thread for details. It's still buggy, but what it boils down to is that if you're OK with folder browsing for music -- way I mostly do it anyway -- then it's great choice. Especially if you are going to listen to FLAC files, as the Sansa firmware I tried only took 6 and a half hours to run down the battery listening only to FLACs. (might be better in latest version, don't know)

Well anyway it's a few hoops to jump through to try rockbox, but at least you know there's an option out there if it turns out that you're not a big fan of Sansa's equalizer either -- the rockbox EQ has a rep of being very good.

Last edited by Axim; 04-26-2010 at 08:08 AM.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:10 AM

Yeah I know head-fi isn't too hot on it but I think it's pretty decent considering.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:27 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Does anyone really care what folks on headfi or anywhere else thinks, including here? Only opinion that really matters is your own...For me, opinions are merely guidelines and often informative and I generally try to treat them as such - the final arbiter will always be my own reaction to stuff, provided I actually give things a try myself. Of course, I always give a bit of extra weight to those folks whose opinions actually have some expertise and experience behind them. But even so, in the end, its my money and my ears...

I recently listened to Clip+ in store several times...even in short spans and with crappy store music, my own inexpert opinion is that the Clip+ is a great sounding player, offering a lot of value and features in a miniscule player...It truly surprised me how "big" the Clip+ sounded...

Give it a shot with RB...most folks report great results with RockBox, especially awesome EQ and real gapless playback so why not see for yourself if RB is for you? I haven't done it to my new Fuze yet, but will as soon as a stable build for v2 Fuze is OK'd. And I believe RB is not an either or situation - RB and original FW can coexist and you can manually select which one to boot the Clip/+ with...

cheers and enjoy!
-lestatar
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 04-29-2010, 01:57 AM

Ah ok, yeah rockbox looks def like the option here, I've read a lot about it in the past but never really tried it.

Gonna check it out tomorrow

Old 04-29-2010, 05:17 AM
Banned

It's worth Rockboxing your Clip+ - you'll be able to get the bass you want as well as a plethora of other EQ and sound enhancements.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:46 PM

I'm coming from a Cowon S9 which I still use but I don't always want to take it with me which is why I got the Clip.
But I don't expect BBE level EQs haha.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:38 AM

Oh...so that was it, I needed to crank up the volume a bit more...rather I needed to set the volume to "high"

I will say that now I am more pleased with it.