android
Old 05-30-2008, 10:42 AM

Default Scroll wheel blues!!

Hi ALL, Anyone have any issues with the scroll wheel. I think I have dust or something under it and was wondering if anyone has any good ideas for me? Compressed air? How to take it apart to clean? Thanks, Sean

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-12-2008, 03:34 PM

Default Cleaned it.......

Update on this... Finally got the nerve to take it apart....or I was going to buy the 4-8gig Pilot. Took about 8 screws off, memory card, face plate, popped the wheel off. Shot some compresses air in there and then used some alcohol. I put it back and it's 90% better!!! I think by keeping it in my pocket and using it with the rubber case on it caused my issues. I'm not going to use the case anymore! (Made the wheel stick anyway). Just going to put a screen protector on it...

LOVE THE 1.93 BETA firmware!!! Fixed my connect to PC issue too!

Old 05-10-2009, 09:21 AM

I use a leatehr case it is not good as well, but protects from breakage.

I opened mine, very easy wasn't it?
I used a electronics cleaner, and it caused the unit to lose thescreen, taken a avernight drying, when alcohol dries in a matter of seconds. trouble wit the wheel is gone now.

Old 04-04-2010, 05:18 PM

My scroll wheel needs a little extra push to skip to the next song, but it's not that bad. I'm surprised how this thing has held up. The two other mp3 players I've owned in my life didn't last that long.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:17 PM

I've always been impressed by how well they last. Except my first one... for whatever reason it fell two feet onto a plastic box and the screen shattered

Second one was $30 on eBay and is as good as the day I bought it (though I also had the dust problem).