android
Old 04-21-2010, 03:36 PM

how I can disable the standby mode?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Samsung Moderator

When you press the power button 2s you put it in standby mode.
When you press the power button about 10s (the R0 turns off, then turns on and finally turns fully off) it gets really off

Old 04-22-2010, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
When you press the power button about 10s (the R0 turns off, then turns on and finally turns fully off) it gets really off
Oh my God! How the hell did you come to know that? Was it your korean friends who told you the secret? I had no idea! Then, whenever you fully turn it off, it takes longer to turn on afterwards, doesn't it? 'cause sometimes it turns on faster, while other times do it more slowly, and I guess the way you turn it off (full or stand-by) makes the difference!

Old 04-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Samsung Moderator

Credits go to an Italian guy on hwupgrade.it (Yes I read forums in all languages with google translation )! I don't know how he discovered that but that's pretty useful!

The only advantage of the standby mode is to boot faster. Yes, when the R0 is fully off, then it boots slower, that's normal.
If you use the R0 several times per day, use the standby mode. But if you know you won't use it for several hours (during the night for example) I advise you to turn it fully off to safe the battery!

Old 04-22-2010, 02:17 PM

Ok, lebellium, this forum is just great!

Old 04-22-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
I never tested it but, the manual (yes, I read it :P) says that pressing and holding power button for 10 seconds makes the player reset. I guess it's wrong.

Old 04-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Samsung Moderator

Well, the "reset" on Samsung DAP is just a full power off. It doesn't reset or delete anything else (neither files nor settings) so you cannot make the difference between the power off and a reset!
They may call that "reset" in the manual, I call that "power off"

Old 04-25-2010, 10:41 AM

Default Warning! 1.19 still crashes yp-r0 (hanging at library scan)

hi guys,

i got my yp-r0 back from the german samsung service last week. i was one of the victims of the library-scan-hang-up-bug after updating to v. 1.17. they downgraded (strangely enough) my player to 1.13! after browsing this forum i installed the new 1.19 version. result: i can send it for repair again tomorrow.

here what i did (and you never shoud!):
a.) 1.13 installed, i copied a bunch of mp3 files (long, 1h dj sets) to the player
b.) disconnected to give it the chance to update the library, what was no problem.
c.) i upgraded to 1.19, disconnected, also no probem.
d.) then after listening 3 - 4 sets on my way, back at home i decided to move the files i like, back to my pc (r0 connected via usb as a harddrive, not the samsung software) and...
e.) ... USED THE PCs "CUT" function (no copy & paste). it seemed to work in the beginning. the files where moved from r0 to pc

f.) but copying other files from pc to r0 did not work after that action (error message kind of player not connected properly or so)
g.) after disconnecting, hanging at 99% of scanning the library and good bye!

another bug i found in 1.19 is, when switching sound settings from "normal" to DNSE 1 & 2 (only bass on 1 or 2 activated) the volume jumped optically to full (30) but the level was much lower than on normal setting.

these incompetent samsung software guys are going on my nerve. they fix one thing and create 2 new errors. i lost all datas last time and now again. i also have an S-8000 mobile phone from samsung, buggy as hell. stated every bit to the german support. the answer, i forwarded this to korea dont know what will happen (i had a download link with an AAC file included in this email what never was downloaded).

best oliver

Old 04-26-2010, 09:17 PM

lebellium,

I just got my R0 here in the US. Is forcelab's post a major concern or should I update to the 1.19?????

Old 04-27-2010, 04:03 AM
Samsung Moderator

Hmm I don't really know anymore what to advise.
For the moment, 4 people on the web have had an issue with updating the library in fw 1.19 (1 here, 2 on gmp3 and 1 on hwupgrade.it).

Most people don't have problems with it but that may occur...
The single firmware with NO library issue is the 1.10.

edit:
Samsung Korea tries to fix the bug but that will take a long time because this bugs depends on the customer config, so it is difficult to reproduce.

@Forcelab: I need those informations:
-OS?
-What kind of files transfered? (mp3, wma, aac, flac?)
-PC connection? UMS/MSC or MTP?
Thank you

Last edited by lebellium; 04-27-2010 at 04:33 AM.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:46 AM

thanks for your quick reply!

dear lebellium, here the answers:

-kind of files transfered: mp3s, but with 1.17 that problem occoured also with aac files. i think that can happen with any kind of files.
-PC connection: as mass storage hard drive, no software.

may be the error only occoures when upgrading from 1.13 (or 1.17) (with audio files on the player, from which a faulty librarystructure is created). i sent my player yesterday back for repair and asked them to "install the 1.10 software". hope they do so!

btw. do you have a korean link (which i can translate via google ) for samsung s-8000 jet mobile phones where i can see further update improvements?

all the best, oliver

Old 04-27-2010, 11:14 AM
Samsung Moderator

I cannot reproduce your DNSe bug

I don't care on mobile phones, I'm only a Samsung DAPs expert, sorry

I'll tell Samsung Korea again for microSD channel issue and for tracks numbers support

Old 04-27-2010, 02:12 PM

This is a bug I've noticed with the DNSe system from the first fw produced.

Go to the sound settings, and keep clicking Audio Upscaler for at least 10 times, so basically, turn it on and off on and off for 10 times or so. The sound becomes distorted and everytime you turn it on and off it sounds different, same with Street Mode, if you turn it on and off on and off it sounds different everytime.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Samsung Moderator

But he only talked about bass settings

BTW, street and audio upscaler modes are totally shitty and useless so under no circumstances I will report a bug if there is one. It's my way to tell you you don't have to use these modes for any reason.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:06 PM

I finally did the update and it's going back to Samsung. Same error/problem that forcelab described in post #48. I got my player from B&H and it had come with the 1.13 firmware.

I'd watch out y'all! I'm very sad because I was falling in love with this little machine only after a few days. I really hope someone can help them clean this player up because it truly could be awesome!

Old 04-29-2010, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinyount67 View Post
I finally did the update and it's going back to Samsung. Same error/problem that forcelab described in post #48. I got my player from B&H and it had come with the 1.13 firmware.

I'd watch out y'all! I'm very sad because I was falling in love with this little machine only after a few days. I really hope someone can help them clean this player up because it truly could be awesome!
@robinyount67:
- what did cause the error on your side, also moved files (CUT & paste function) from the player to computer? or does that also happen when simply deleting files on R0?
- which system & OS do you have?

i fell in love too with this little stylish player that looks, sounds and feels good and plays so many formats! hope they find a solution soon too.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:19 AM
Samsung Moderator

Okay guys, I got some interesting news from Korea:

The next firmware should be coming middle of May.
It will fix:
-Update library issue (this problem may have several causes so I don't know if they will manage to find and fix all sources...We'll se...); If you know the files that caused this problem on your R0, please send them to me
-Stereo channel switch issue in microSD playback (don't forget to thank me for that )

Only a bad news:
Due to platform limitations, it is impossible to improve the tags support (track numbers and album arts). They will redesign it for next models but for the R0 they cannot

Old 04-29-2010, 12:03 PM

forcelab:

I simply updated the firmware using drag and drop method because Emodio refused to do an update for me. Then a few hours later is used the current Windows Media Player to sync some of my cd music to the player. It was right after that that the machine pooped out.

I actually hadn't tried deleting anything, just adding new music from my PC.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Samsung Moderator

Could you send me the music files that you synchronised with WMP please? That's the only way to fix the bug.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:55 AM

That's going to be a bunch of files, is that ok--something like 10 cds worth of music.

Tags
1.19, download, firmware, r0, samsung, yepp, yp-r0