android
Old 04-02-2010, 04:37 PM

Default Current Status on View

How is this player going in terms of bugs and firmware. I found a 16GB model for 60 bucks and was considering buying it since I have a 16GB microsd card. Does this reload the db every boot like the e200 models?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-27-2010, 07:31 AM

I do not know about 16GB cards, but for me the 4GB card I use with my View works well. Even if the View still seems to be an active part of SanDisk's mp3players, I doubt that any new firmware updates will come, and the Rockbox development seems to have come to a standstill as well.
I only have movies on the MicroSD card and the only time that the db reloads is when I change the content on the card. And then I often get the "duplicate file" bug where files get 2 or more entries, depending on how many times the db has reloaded. I have found a solution for this by putting all the files on the card in a folder that I rename every time I have changed the content on the card. When you change the name of the folder, it seems that the files on the card do not duplicate even though the db reloads.
The start up time is pretty slow with the 4GB card compared to when there is no card in the player, so I would imagine that a 16GB card would make start up time even slower. If you can find a 16GB player as cheap as $60 and do not mind a somewhat buggy UI, you should give the View a chance.
Many people love to hate it, but I think it is undeserved.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:50 AM

I had an 8gb View and whenever I put a memory card in it I wasn't able to transfer music to or from it on my PC. Also, every 3 months or so music on the View wouldn't even show up on my PC so I had to reformat it. I sold my View for $50.