android
Old 12-05-2009, 03:35 PM

Default convert mp3 to wmv for bookmark

Hello,

Anyone know how I can convert my mp3 to wmv so I can play them through video and use the bookmarking feature that the Samsung bums did not put in??

It's the only solution I can think of.

Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-07-2009, 06:24 AM

Default Did anyone try the Firefox plugin Video DownloadHelper?

Video DownloadHelper is a Firefox plugin. It can save flash videos directly in many formats. The parameters can be specified and even pasted from the clipboard. Ideal for the quick download from youtube etc.

Here are the parameters from my clipboard:

wmv/-acodec wmav1 -ar 44khz -aspect 4:3 -b 340kbps -f mp4 -s 320x240 -vcodec wmv1

It did not work. But IF it would, it would be very fast and easy. So? Ideas?

Old 12-07-2009, 10:48 AM

The only thing so far to work for me is:

Using Microsoft Moviemaker and putting my mp3 on the audio timeline. Next, I created a black image in MS Paint and imported that as my video timelime. I expanded the image to fit the entire mp3 and merged that into a movie file.
I used - Video for Pocket PC (full-screen 218kbps) -

Next I used "Narvin's Method" to encode the file in the proper fool Samsung format.

Now I haven't tried any of my high quality audiobooks, the two I used were a pretty low bitrate. Either way the video is totally black and any high quality settings I put on will only effect the sound--I hope anyway.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:39 AM

This is the setting for my 4gb T10 (fw 3.06 US) using Windows XP SP3, viz:

*I use SUPER by eRightSoft to convert video files that T10 recognizes.

VIDEO
Output Container: WMV;
Output Video Codec: WMV9;
Output Audio Codec: wma2;
Video Scale Size: 320x240;
Aspect: 4:3;
Frame/Sec.: 23.976 (flexible);
Bitrate kbps: 576 (flexible);
Options: check - High Quality, Top Quality & Stretch It;

AUDIO
Sampling Freq: 44100;
Channels: 2;
Bitrate kbps: 128;
DVD Language Select: default.

When you start the encoding, a pop up box will appear, simply choose the 'simple profile'. When everything is finished, copy or cut and paste the file through windows explorer to your T10's VIDEO folder, and you're all set.

Leave everything else unchecked or as they were. The settings here worked for me from my .avi files to .wmv that T10 reads less any lag or synching issues. Some of the settings are flexible, you can do trial-and-error if you like and see how it goes.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:05 AM

Help VMW conversion (asf->T10 compatible wmv) with mac os x, which software works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narvin View Post
Update: Video Tutorial is available at http://psyomcs.com/wordpress/?p=5

Dear T10 customers,

I am new here as I recieved a Samsung T10 for Christmas. As I am aware a number of people seem to be shrouded over how to correctly play WMV files on their T10. I will now outline the steps required to correctly encode your video files using Windows Media Encoder 9 Series, which is a free tool released by Microsoft.

Under "Decoder complexity:" select "Simple"

Feel free to ask any questions, hope that all helps.

Yours Faithfully,
Narvin.
Hello all,

And thanks for the great help concerning the WMV conversion.Hopefully I'm not the only one using the Samsung T10 or an equivalent player with a mac computer (white one naturally) on this forum, as I'd like to know, which software could be used for the WMV conversion in the Mac.

I have some video files (in the asf container having WMV3 and WMA9 stuff) downloaded from the web that I'd like to watch from the T10. I'd like to convert asf files those in the mac os x, if possible. In addition, WMV would be most natural file format as the original files are also in Windows Media formats.

Compared to WME9, most Mac video converters (at least freeware versions) do not provide possibility for the simple profile coding (or I just haven't found this option so far), and the resulting file is unwatchable in my T10. Also encoding an svi file from the asf source has been unsuccessful so far. Otherwise, Kigo video converter would be my choice for the conversion.

I have found that the MPEG Streamclip combined with the WMV Studio plug-in from flip4mac gives a possibility to make wmv files that are watchable in T10, however the full version costs about $50.

Do you guys know any other freeware software that could encode the WMV in the Mac OS X? One solution could be the use of Super with the Wine emulator, but I have my doubts concerning this option. As the Super uses huge amount of well known plugins, maybe there is certain encoder that would do the job? All hints are very appreciated!

-Tero

Last edited by teahonen; 04-13-2010 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Corrected VMW typos

Old 04-13-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teahonen View Post
Hello all,
I have some video files (in the asf container having WMV3 and WMA9 stuff) downloaded from the web that I'd like to watch from the T10. I'd like to convert asf files those in the mac os x, if possible. In addition, WMV would be most natural file format as the original files are also in Windows Media formats.

Otherwise, Kigo video converter would be my choice for the conversion.

-Tero
I tested Kigo videos (xvid conversion) with my dvd player, did it ok. Hopefully the wmv-> avi->svi (file ending conversion) would work as wel in T10 with a new try. I'll test the conversion using the settings intended for Super.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:55 PM

Lightbulb asf->avi->svi did the job with the Kigo and ffmpegX programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by teahonen View Post
I tested Kigo videos (xvid conversion) with my dvd player, did it ok. Hopefully the wmv-> avi->svi (file ending conversion) would work as wel in T10 with a new try. I'll test the conversion using the settings intended for Super.
I got also this working with freeware programs, however in two phases:
1) Firstly I converted the asf files to XviD (*.avi) files with the Kigo Video converter so they can be watched e.g. with a dvd player:
File format: Customized AVI Movie (*.avi)
Video codec: xvid
Video size: 384x288 (=original resolution)
Video bitrate: 1024 (for instance, original files are so low quality that this did not worse the picture quality)
Video framerate: 25 (PAL format)

audio codec: mp3
Audio bitrate: 160 (is this the highest bitrate accepted by the T10? It should be sufficient in the quality sense)
Sample rate: 44100
Audio channel: 2
A/V sync: basic (I haven't yet tested the difference of sync options)

2) Then I converted the avi into a new size and format with the ffmpegX that has previously worked very well, and gives almost the same options as the Super encoder: the main thing is to use XviD [.AVI] (mencoder) video codec (maybe thing works also with DivX codec?). Finally, the resulting file should be renamed with the .svi file ending. Hopefully this helps other people using the T10 with a Mac.