android
Old 04-13-2010, 03:42 PM

Default Seek Bar PLEASE

Seriously. Either that or get rid of that awful pause that often happens when I try to rewind. I'll hold rewind, and the music stops because it's about to do it, but for some reason it takes a good second to actually start doing what I asked of it.

Give us a seek bar! Please!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-13-2010, 03:50 PM

I've also noticed when I actually press pause (for mp3 audio), it takes up to a second to actually pause. I don't think it does it 100% of the time but enough to be annoying. Pretty baffling.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:12 PM

Also, repeat becomes disabled after changing a song.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:37 PM

The zhd doesn't have a seek bar?! Can someone link me a pic of the now playing screen,
I can't tell apart the different areas of the ui. It's all squares to me.

Old 04-14-2010, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrauber View Post
The zhd doesn't have a seek bar?! Can someone link me a pic of the now playing screen,
I can't tell apart the different areas of the ui. It's all squares to me.

Here it is
http://t03.us/wp-content/uploads/200...NowPlaying.jpg

It actually has a tiny seekbar/position indicator (at the bottom of the cover art) which is not controllable of course...

I have already posted an idea about it: They can make an horizontal now playing screen with a big seekbar...so, it would show the current screen when the device is in vertical position, and when we turn it horizontally, it would show a different screen with a bigger and controllable seekbar across the screen.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:30 AM

What are you listening to that you need to seek so much? I saw this thread and thought, yea seems like a seek bar would be pretty simple to implement. Then I thought has there ever been a time when I wanted to fast forward or rewind a song? No not really, but hay that's just me.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willdo7474 View Post
What are you listening to that you need to seek so much? I saw this thread and thought, yea seems like a seek bar would be pretty simple to implement. Then I thought has there ever been a time when I wanted to fast forward or rewind a song? No not really, but hay that's just me.
A seekbar is very useful for megamixes, or audiobooks. Its also a much quicker way to fast forward or rewind in a greater level.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:44 AM

Audiobooks yea, I didn't think of that. I don't think you would really be able to listen to an audiobook without a seek bar. Good Point.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:11 PM

Yeah I rewind a lot, I like to hear what a particular instrument does if I need to. Although I like the idea of the seek bar being in a vertical position when you bring up the playback buttons, for more granular control since it's longer.