android
Old 01-30-2010, 12:37 PM

Maybe I missed something, but I just bought this E-345 and love it so far, but......and this is a deal breaker but, I can't seem to create a video playlist. I have tried:
1) Realplayer
2) Windows Media Player
3) Itunes
4) Media Monkey
5) Winamp

And Unless I overlooked something (very possible) all I can find is audio playlist support.

Has anyone looked into this? I upload tutorials from youtube in ten minute increments and watch them on my miniplayer. Without a playlist feature, this would be a nightmare.

I'm willing to crack or unlock this player if needed. Sony support just referred me to the section in the manual for creating audio playlists and knew nothing further. I felt like I was communicating with someone who was just moving through a help tutorial on their computer and knew nothing more really.

If I have to return this for another brand I suppose I will but I'm moving from an 8 gig Ipod (Which worked fine with video playlists btw) and I absolutely love the fm tuner reception and overall sound quality of this unit and I hope to salvage it.

Any advice more than appreciated!!!!!

Last edited by Instead; 01-30-2010 at 12:44 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-12-2010, 09:10 PM

For those of you who use MediaMonkey, after about 12 hours of gnashing teeth, I was able to get MM to autosync playlists. The problem was that my computer was not recognizing the device as MTP. I literally gave up and was going to switch over to WMP 11, but then at the last minute, I realized that MM was now doing the playlist thing properly. So I'll never use WMP again, but at least that's something to try for you MM diehards.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:46 PM

@Instead, About videos in playlists.
I've just tried and I can successfully send a playlist mixing audio and video files to my Sony E430.
If I list my playlist content using the PC connexion, I will see every file. But when I open the playlist on the player's menu, instead of:
song1
video1
song2

The playlist content only shows:
song1
song2

I think my Sony doesn't launch videos from a playlist, even if a video track is accepted into it.

Tags
e345, playlists