android
Old 12-27-2006, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael View Post
Ive been looking at these, but i am wondering if they are worth the cash over a pair of Ety ER6i?

cheers

-Mikael
Yes, they're worth it, read my review on the front page: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...ibe-review.php

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-30-2006, 10:21 PM

Location: avondale arizona.. better then where i use to live..

so should i send them back? because like i said, the left bud is weak and its really starting to bug me.. im sure its still under warrenty and stuff.. and ive tested my zen on other audio devices and they work fine. the left channel works as it should.
newest member is a Sansa Express 1GB

Old 12-31-2006, 05:31 AM

Drekon, I can't believe an X-ray scanner could damage any earphones. But in any case, try using them with another source first, like your home stereo or something. If they're not working there either, contact V-Moda through their website. Good luck.

Old 12-31-2006, 09:36 AM

well, what happened was before i went thru security i was listening to my vibes on my zvm. and all was well. when i got them back from the xray machine i turned my zen on and when the music started, the left bud sounded weak. not hiting the highs or lows and the mids are muddy.. ive already tried using different speakers and headphones and they all check out. my zen is fine. its my vibes that are messed up. its weird.. how could they have messed up? was it because i didnt turn off my zen till the moment i had to? or something, the static in the player was charged then discharged to the buds? i have not the slightest idea

Old 12-31-2006, 09:53 AM

I don't see any reason why they would break from anything you did. X-rays don't damage speakers, static doesn't damage speakers, ... must be a manufacturing fault or something similar. I never read about broken Vibes on any forums yet (although someone on Head-Fi stated he got a DOA pair - which was exchanged without much hassle from V-Moda, IIRC).

You could check if the little air hole on the inside of the Vibes is blocked by some lint - I'm sure this could be a reason why it would sound bad.

This hole:

Old 12-31-2006, 12:46 PM

well.. im looking at them and the holes look the same.. but they do have something inside of them.. but i cant tell what it is. the pic you showed, the hole looks deeper then mine.. because i can see what looks like to be the diaphram.. but im not sure. and how could i clean it if there were something inside of it? if i use a toothpick or something like that would it would peirce the diaphram?

Old 12-31-2006, 12:49 PM

Just to be sure, I mean the little hole off-center, not the big one with the metal mesh over it.

I wouldn't know how to clean it, but maybe just try to blow into it hard for starters?

Old 12-31-2006, 12:53 PM

k.. put mouth on big opening and blowing gently..and seeing what happens.....

whoah!!!!! i blew in my left one and i heard a "POP" so ill try them and see if that did anything.. my right one didnt pop.

O MY FREAKING GOD!! THAT DID THE TRICK!!!!! thats so weird... IF YOUR VIBES STOP PERFORMING BLOW IN THE BIG THING GENTLY AND IT WILL HELP!!!!

Old 12-31-2006, 12:56 PM

Heh, very interesting to know!

Hope you did clean your ears and the stuff in the phones isn't what I think it is...

Old 12-31-2006, 01:00 PM

lol i dont have alot of earwax.. if i get too much it just falls out.. literaly.. ill tilt my head and sometimes a clump of it falls out.. nasty.. but i still love quetips.. feal sooooo good...

Old 01-01-2007, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drekon View Post
lol i dont have alot of earwax.. if i get too much it just falls out.. literaly.. ill tilt my head and sometimes a clump of it falls out.. nasty.. but i still love quetips.. feal sooooo good...
Too . . . much . . . info . . .

Anyway, I have some concern about it having a straight plug. Is there any problem with adding an L adapter? Would it cause added background noise or loss of quality/signal?

Old 01-01-2007, 03:30 PM

I have the v-moda bass freq and thinking of upgrading to the vibe, is the bass the same but with better highs it seems some reviews say they have great bass, others not that great.

Old 01-01-2007, 04:10 PM

Yesterday I had the chance to try out a pair of vibes (its always a pleasure to have audiophile neighbors) and NO the bass isnt nearly as 'big' as the bass-freqs, but it is much BETTER bass, more like the bass from good AKG, or Sennheiser cans. Also the terble is much clearer and more 'live' plus the mids are a good deal less muddy.

they are very good overall IEMs definetly the most 'airy' of all the IEMs ive used and they have some of the best bass too. But mabye im just being a classical snob when i say that i would still rather have the Ety ER6i just for their wonderful clarity and acceptable bass when using foamies.

anyway, slats, i think you would be VERY happy with the vibes over the bass-freqs.

cheers

-Mikael

Old 01-01-2007, 04:25 PM

Thanks, one last thing I guess one of the concerns is I also tried the cx 300 and found them to have little bass and was wondering if the vibes were comparable to the cx 300.

Old 01-01-2007, 05:03 PM

though the vibes i tried where not fully broken in (only had ~50 hours of burn in time) they already had much better bass than cx300s.

cheers

-Mikael

Old 01-02-2007, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats! View Post
I also tried the cx 300 and found them to have little bass and was wondering if the vibes were comparable to the cx 300.
Little bass? The CX300 are some of the bass-heaviest IEMs I know of, besides the Super.Fi 5 EB.

No, you absolutely can't compare the CX300 to the Vibes.

Read this: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ead.php?t=6442

Old 01-02-2007, 08:37 AM

i love bass.. ive been flooded by bass.. i havent been to a live consert yet and thats one of the only things i can think of that would have more bass them a few of my friends cars.. one of them (i get a ride from him everyday to and from school... its about a 10 min drive) but he has 2 15 inch subs in one box and they have there own amp, 800 watts and it can still handle more!! weve turned them up to just about as high as they go and i couldnt hear peoples voices for a few days.. but i love my sub in my room.. even though its a 10 inch it still hits hard and loud! ive always loved bass and the vibes are good at what they produce. even though i would like a bit more boomy bass, the clarity of the low end is amazing to me.. i didnt know there were someother beats down that low.. instead of a sub hitting..

Old 01-02-2007, 09:37 AM

Cool, thanks for the comments going to order them today problem is here in cda you cant get your hands on them to try them out I found the bass freq at a store and thatís it so to try them or get comments its impossible its order online and hope for the best. Just wondering since most mp3 are burned at 128ish would these things pick up all the flaws you might here or enhance them for the most part?

Old 01-02-2007, 09:43 AM

You should be ok as long as the 128kbps MP3s are ripped properly (meaning LAME/EAC quality, not Xing/Blade/WMP crap). But the Vibes benefit from better quality MP3s, like 192kbps VBR - since the Vibes have excellent treble, and most low-bitrate MP3 artefacts are in the treble frequencies.