android
Old 04-11-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedalin View Post
But do most users jump through those hoops? No, they don't.
Of course not, and this goes well with my theory that 95% of people are down right stupid.

I'm glad the majority of PC owners know absolutely nothing beyond msn, itunes and internet explorer because it gave me a job for years on a tech bench making money off the stupidity of others haha.

Quote:
I think it's the point that Linux remains stable without you having to do anything at all, while Windows requires periodic maintenance (I do those things, and Windows still isn't completely stable).
I will take the 30 minutes a week to maintain windows thank you very much, Linux is garbage for a PC gamer.

Nothing is "completely stable" not even Linux.
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-11-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub View Post
Of course not, and this goes well with my theory that 95% of people are down right stupid.

I'm glad the majority of PC owners know absolutely nothing beyond msn, itunes and internet explorer because it gave me a job for years on a tech bench making money off the stupidity of others haha.
At least Apple did something right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub
I will take the 30 minutes a week to maintain windows thank you very much, Linux is garbage for a PC gamer.

Nothing is "completely stable" not even Linux.
Our situations are very different then; I primarily console game, while you PC game. Which is perfectly understandable.

But Linux is very close to being completely stable, so close, that one can't make out a difference.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
At least Apple did something right.
I don't know about that hehe, according to market shares Macs only make up under 6% of all computer users, while PCs make up just under 92%.

No one targets them because it's a waste of time since 9 of 10 people use Windows making it the easiest thing to target.

Market Share for 2009

Quote:
Our situations are very different then; I primarily console game, while you PC game. Which is perfectly understandable.
Yeah if i didn't use PC as a gaming platform i would probably use my Linux partition a lot more. I do miss my 360 but after 2 red ring of death, i had enough and went back to PC gaming hehe.

Quote:
But Linux is very close to being completely stable, so close, that one can't make out a difference.
As you can see Linux makes up 1% of all computer users, odds of getting any Malware is extremely low since no one really targets you.

The tables are stacked against windows as far as security based in stability which as far as my experience as a bench tech is a high percentage of the problems with PCs.
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 04-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Microsoft is now promising they will fix WP7 limitations in future releases. They are saying they want every features to work well; therefore, they don't want to rush the features.