android
Old 04-10-2010, 08:24 AM

Default ZuneHD Browser and Javascript.

I've not seen anything here on it yet so here I go.
Pre 4.5 You could go to mibbit.com, click the "Launch Mibbit WebChat" you would get a black screen, and go no further.

Post 4.5, you can now click the same button and it will load the "Loading Page" of the webchat client.

More often than not, it will be stuck on an infinite loop of that loading screen (or it is just loading EXTREMELY slowly). But this morning, I opened it, and was able to connect to the Major Nelson chatroom through Mibbit. The only problem being that Mibbit lacks a "send" button, so I could not send the text I wrote.

Is anyone else able to replicate this situation?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Anythingbutiphone Moderator

I made a post about this earlier. The java script performance functionality in 4.5 is significantly improved, but it still has flaws. I wouldn't expect every java script based chatroom to function.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robborboy View Post
I've not seen anything here on it yet so here I go.
Pre 4.5 You could go to mibbit.com, click the "Launch Mibbit WebChat" you would get a black screen, and go no further.

Post 4.5, you can now click the same button and it will load the "Loading Page" of the webchat client.

More often than not, it will be stuck on an infinite loop of that loading screen (or it is just loading EXTREMELY slowly). But this morning, I opened it, and was able to connect to the Major Nelson chatroom through Mibbit. The only problem being that Mibbit lacks a "send" button, so I could not send the text I wrote.

Is anyone else able to replicate this situation?
Yep. I'm on mibbit all the time now... But there is indeed, no send button. Sometimes on mibbit, there is the Infinite Reloop of "Loading" but if that ever happens, just click Refresh, and it'll go to the site. I hope JavaScript gets better as time goes on. I think 4.7 needs to be an Internet update with minor Music/Video/Settings upgrades.

Old 04-10-2010, 05:10 PM

You can enable a send button in Mibbit by enabling it in the options on the right.