android
Old 12-28-2006, 02:10 PM

Default Rockbox as a deciding factor... ?

Right now.. I looking at Samsung T9 and sansa e200

Would Rockbox become a deciding factor?

It term.. of what Rockbox vs Samsung T9 firmware...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-28-2006, 07:13 PM

Seeing that this is the e200 forum, you'll probably get some biased answers

But in fact, a lot of people, even here, say that the T9 is miles ahead of the e200. Search around the forums and you'll see discussion about this matter

Rockbox shouldn't influence your decision about whether to get a e200 or not. Search for rockbox on Youtube to see what it's all about. Theres a video of it on a Sansa there as well... page 2 or 3 I believe

Old 12-28-2006, 07:30 PM

It was for me. I also have an ancient Archos Jukebox and I absolutely love having Rockbox on it.

Old 12-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Rockbox Developer

I'd say Rockbox could be an influencing decision on any player. It's entirely possible that Player A, no Rockbox, is worse than Player B, but once you add Rockbox to it, becomes better. In that situation (I'm not saying that this is one, as I'm not at all familiar with the T9) why wouldn't Rockbox be an influence?

Old 12-28-2006, 09:42 PM

I saw.. that T9 have a few better things.... But.. I like how the sansa looks. And hope that T9 is not too much better them Sansa.
------

Is there a Rockbox for T9?

Old 12-29-2006, 03:58 AM

sansa's user interface is far better to me compared to Samsung or any other player (because rotate once is better that press 17 times). I would be glad to have rockbox as an additional option, especially when once it would support "better" videos (I mean, divx/mpeg4 or similar). The GUI is quite simple (for some people = ugly.. sorry) though.

Old 12-29-2006, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vygi View Post
The GUI is quite simple (for some people = ugly.. sorry) though.
Rockbox supports themes.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:43 AM

Right now the Sansa e200 series is equivilant to a small personal organizer, a database manager. Install Rockbox and you've turned it into a real computer on about the level of a Commodore 64 (maybe a little better than the C-64) so you can play Doom, Pong, chess, etc. People forget how much those 64's could do. Give that C-64 about 8 gigs of memory and....

But more important, you can now control all functions of hardware. Sandisk Sansa has MPEG4 decoder in it but the Sandisk software doesn't use it. Add Rockbox and you have access to it. And just about every audio control you can think of. Wouldn't AGC (auto gain control) be nice to have? High freq. hearing loss from standing too close to speaker banks? Tweak till you're happy with the control Rockbox gives you.

Go to http://www.rockbox.org/manual.shtml and pick a player and take a look at the manual. That's the best way to see what's in it.

I'm going to install Rockbox when I'm ready and it's ready. I want the file control. I want to be able to edit my files without hooking up to my computers. The feature I'm willing to go to all this trouble for is "delete". When I'm tired of a song I want to get rid of it - NOW.

Old 01-02-2007, 08:23 AM

YES!! I am so sick of having to run to a computer to remove a file I want gone, like a bad song or a podcast I'm done with. It's really annoying that Sandisk engineers have removed this functionality 'for my own good.' Hey, I can take responsibility for my own screwups! If I delete the wrong song, I'm capable of blaming myself, not the company! Sheesh! Let me manage my own destiny in the way I see fit! Er...

(climbs down off soapbox)

Sorry. Can you tell I feel a bit strongly on the subject?