android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2010, 11:37 AM

Alright, so I just got my R0 yesterday, and I must admit, it's quite an amazing little player. I'd almost say it's the best Samsung PMP to date.

Sound quality is great as always, but I actually noticed a drastic crimp in treble but much more bass compared to my P3, strange huh. I have the 3D, Bass, EQ, Clarity, Street Mode and all the sound sound settings exactly the same on my P3. The sound seems slightly muddier compared to the P3, but anywho, it still sounds way above average for any player I've ever used.

One thing that I thought was improved greatly, is when Clarity is maxed out, and Bass is at 2, the SH, CH and S sounds are always harsh and they sound slurpy, but it seems like this issue has been addressed with the R0, although treble not as strong, the Bass is truly mind blowing, and I only have Bass at 2, and 60Hz at +6, and S, CH and SH sounds no longer sound like slurping. It sounds like the bass from the player is being heard through a non-ported subwoofer or speaker enclosure, enabling a tighter bass sound, while in the P3, Q1, and the other DNSe 3.0 players I've used, the bass sounds deeper but not as tight, it can sometimes be all over the place. I guess it depends on the person. I personally prefer the P3's bass, since it goes deeper, but I'm not saying the R0's bass is bad though.

The build quality of this player is fantastic, the tactile buttons are great, I still miss the feeling of being able to "feel" your player, it makes you feel like you're in control, if you know what I mean.

The screen is something that really surprised me, the screen is absolutely AMAZING. I have never seen such a small screen be able to produce images in such clarity and colour. I'm surprised. I might even dare to say that its image quality surpasses that of the P3.

I was slightly disappointed that the screen wasn't glass though, because plastic screens always end up becoming scratched and ugly. Maybe I'll invest in a screen protector.

I haven't experienced ANY bugs AT ALL at this point. I even managed to transfer all 3.2GB of music onto it *IN ONE GO* without any problems with library updates. It's now running fw 1.17 without any problems at all.

I haven't been able to test out battery life yet, but I've been listening to it for almost 2 hours now, and I'm very satisfied with it.

The only things that were missing were games I need the Samsung games, especially when I'm bored in school haha.

Overall, I rate this player 9.5/10 for amazing sound quality, build quality, screen quality, and Micro SD card compatability.

Kudos Samsung

*EDIT* I HAVE NOTICED A BUG!!! ON SOME SONGS, THERE IS AN AUDIBLE DIGITAL "WAH WAH" SOUND. Basically, it's like someone added the "wah wah" synthensizer into the music, but at a very low hertz, low refresh rate. It comes in every 20 seconds or so.

Last edited by Kaoss; 04-08-2010 at 10:52 PM.

Tags
1.17, firmware, r0, samsung, themes, uci, yp-r0