android
Old 04-06-2010, 07:02 AM

Default Upgrade 32gb to 64 gb?

Hi abi!

This is my first thread, but i've been ghosting around for some time considering what kind af mp3 should be my next. I actually had a zen vision M with 30 gb hdd and i was looking for more capacity. I finally made up my mind and got a Zune HD 32gb shipped from france, only to find the 64 gb model released few days after the arrival of my 32 gb version

I know the 64gb is not yet in trade, but do anybody out there know some way to upgrade the 32gb ver. to 64gb? I suppose it's a matter of simply replacing the memory-chip? Or is the capacity somehow connected with the rest of the hardware, so it's a more complex matter?

Hvedemelsbof

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-06-2010, 07:15 AM

If you just bought it, then return it for a refund and buy a 64GB when it launches....

Old 04-06-2010, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond231 View Post
If you just bought it, then return it for a refund and buy a 64GB when it launches....
This is not an option, since i bought it used.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:52 PM

Then you sell the Zune HD, and buy the 64GB model from Zune Originals.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvedemelsbof View Post
Hi abi!

This is my first thread, but i've been ghosting around for some time considering what kind af mp3 should be my next. I actually had a zen vision M with 30 gb hdd and i was looking for more capacity. I finally made up my mind and got a Zune HD 32gb shipped from france, only to find the 64 gb model released few days after the arrival of my 32 gb version

I know the 64gb is not yet in trade, but do anybody out there know some way to upgrade the 32gb ver. to 64gb? I suppose it's a matter of simply replacing the memory-chip? Or is the capacity somehow connected with the rest of the hardware, so it's a more complex matter?

Hvedemelsbof
There's no good way to do what you're proposing.

http://www.rapidrepair.com/guides/zu...air-guide.html

There's a breakdown guide so you can see what you're dealing with.

I think you're looking at it the wrong way. Unless you got royally screwed on the used purchase price, you paid much, much less for the 32gb than the 64gb is going to be selling for. Since 32gb is already a step up from your Zen (my Vision M died a few months ago too, which is why I also bought a used Zune HD) in capacity, you should just wait it out for the price of the Zune HD 64 to drop. Hell, the Zune HD 16 and 32 haven't even been out a year yet and they've dropped in price dramatically.

By Christmas time there's going to be a glut of tablets, competing players, Windows Phone 7 devices, iPhone 4.0 stuff, and god knows what else, and that's sure to be enough of a headstart for the secondary market for Zune HD 64s to get up and running.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erythro42 View Post
There's no good way to do what you're proposing.

http://www.rapidrepair.com/guides/zu...air-guide.html

There's a breakdown guide so you can see what you're dealing with.

I think you're looking at it the wrong way. Unless you got royally screwed on the used purchase price, you paid much, much less for the 32gb than the 64gb is going to be selling for. Since 32gb is already a step up from your Zen (my Vision M died a few months ago too, which is why I also bought a used Zune HD) in capacity, you should just wait it out for the price of the Zune HD 64 to drop. Hell, the Zune HD 16 and 32 haven't even been out a year yet and they've dropped in price dramatically.

By Christmas time there's going to be a glut of tablets, competing players, Windows Phone 7 devices, iPhone 4.0 stuff, and god knows what else, and that's sure to be enough of a headstart for the secondary market for Zune HD 64s to get up and running.
Thanks for your reply!

I think you have a good point there..