android
Old 04-05-2010, 10:39 AM

Default WiFi problems with Zii EGG

I seem to be having problems with the WiFi on the Zii. It's about as sensitive as a rock. I can find several networks but cannot connect to any of them. At work I have to use an iTouch and it connects with no problems. Has anyone else noticed this problem and does anyone have any ides that might help.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-05-2010, 01:55 PM

It was a problem with mine when I had it too. According to the developer forum, it is still an issue even with the latest firmware builds for some people. Most of the time it appears to work eventually. Just have to keep trying to connect over and over until it finally works.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaghead View Post
It was a problem with mine when I had it too. According to the developer forum, it is still an issue even with the latest firmware builds for some people. Most of the time it appears to work eventually. Just have to keep trying to connect over and over until it finally works.
OK, Thanks. That sure puts a big negative to the Zii. I hope it gets fixed.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danE View Post
OK, Thanks. That sure puts a big negative to the Zii. I hope it gets fixed.
If you are using 1.10.03, your device may eventually require a RMA (for WiFi). Fortunately there is a way to fix it (mine got to the RMA stage). Once fixed, there is no problem with the WiFi (on firmwares 0.98.xx-1.00.xx). If you want to know more, you can read my posts about in on the ZiiLabs forum.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I couldn't get mine to work under Plaszma (the latest firmware), but did get it to work after I put Android on it.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
I couldn't get mine to work under Plaszma (the latest firmware), but did get it to work after I put Android on it.
Yes, that is what I had to do. Once you've 'fixed' it like this, you can use other Plaszma versions (I recommend 1.00.06). Without installing Android, it won't work again once you've installed 1.10.03 (even if you try installing older Plaszma versions). Be sure to power off the device between each firmware install.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:14 PM

Ian,

I hope you got your problems with shipping to S.A. figured out.

I loaded Android on my Zii and the WiFi works great. With a little help here at work I have a Java SDK loaded on my desktop and am going to try developing apps with that.

Thanks to one and all for the help.