android
Old 03-26-2010, 07:50 PM

Unhappy 24 - Over after Season 8

Quote:
In a joint decision made by 24’s star and executive producer Kiefer Sutherland, executive producer and showrunner Howard Gordon, Twentieth Century Fox Television, Imagine Entertainment and Fox Broadcasting Company, it was determined that the acclaimed series will end its remarkable eight-season run. Jack Bauer’s last day on FOX will conclude when the final two hours of “Day Eight” air Monday, May 24 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). As the countdown to the series’ climactic conclusion races on, the final 11 hours will air uninterrupted Mondays (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Multiple award-winning series star Kiefer Sutherland reflected on the show’s run: “This has been the role of a lifetime, and I will never be able to fully express my appreciation to everyone who made it possible. While the end of the series is bittersweet, we always wanted 24 to finish on a high note, so the decision to make the eighth season our last was one we all agreed upon. This feels like the culmination of all our efforts from the writers to the actors to our fantastic crew and everyone at Fox. Looking ahead to the future, Howard Gordon and I are excited about the opportunity to create the feature film version of 24. But when all is said and done, it is the loyal worldwide fan base that made it possible for me to have the experience of playing the role of Jack Bauer, and for that I am eternally grateful.”

Executive producer and showrunner Howard Gordon said, “Kiefer and I have loved every minute of making 24, but we all believe that now is the right time to call it a day. I echo his sentiments of gratitude toward the show’s amazing creative team, as well as the studio and network who have always believed in us and shown us unbelievable support.”

“24 is so much more than just a TV show – it has redefined the drama genre and created one of the most admired action icons in television history,” said Peter Rice, Chairman, Entertainment, Fox Networks Group. Kevin Reilly, President, Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company added, “We are extremely proud of this groundbreaking series and will be forever thankful to Kiefer, the producers, the cast and crew for everything they’ve put into 24 over the years. It’s truly been an amazing and unforgettable eight days.”

“We are so grateful to Kiefer and Howard who have really poured their hearts and souls into making this show over the past eight seasons,” commented Gary Newman and Dana Walden, Chairmen, Twentieth Century Fox Television. “To everyone who contributed to this iconic series over its amazing run, we want to extend our heartfelt appreciation for your incredible work.”

Added Imagine Entertainment’s Brian Grazer, “I’m so proud to have been a part of 24, which has become such a cultural phenomenon. And to Kiefer and Howard and everyone who has worked on the show, many thanks.”
<--- My range of emotions upon finding this out.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-26-2010, 08:24 PM

I've watched it since the beginning and it's best to leave on a high note i agree, I'd rather it not get stale and so far every season has been fantastic.

There were rumours of a film to finish off the storyline once the TV series was ended for good, I'm looking forward to that.
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 03-26-2010, 08:35 PM

A great show, especially the last few seasons. It'll be great to see Jack kicking butt on the silver screen, though.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:02 PM

Yea, its been a good run, and its great to see it leaving with as much popularity as it has, rather than just try to drag on just for money.

If these movie rumors pan out, I will be one very happy man.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

" Looking ahead to the future, Howard Gordon and I are excited about the opportunity to create the feature film version of 24."

Doesn't sound like a rumor.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:08 PM

It does seem that it is likely, but still unconfirmed. An opportunity isn't a signed contract to have a film enter pre-production.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumx4182 View Post
" Looking ahead to the future, Howard Gordon and I are excited about the opportunity to create the feature film version of 24."

Doesn't sound like a rumor.
Must have been angered too much at the time of reading this, particularly the beginning of this, and misread that line. As far as I knew, it was all just speculation. Probably just assumed it was still speculation. My bad.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:18 PM

It is still speculation, they only have the opportunity to make a film because the show is over it doesn't mean that there is going to be a movie or they have banged out a deal yet.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub View Post
It is still speculation, they only have the opportunity to make a film because the show is over it doesn't mean that there is going to be a movie or they have banged out a deal yet.
Thanks for the clarification, Adub.