android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2010, 02:50 AM

Hi Everyone,

I've been using my new rockboxed clip+, and I will say that it is still very unstable to warn you all. I get numerous errors when trying to play songs, and the database doesn't work at all. The errors I get usually still allow for playback, however. Weird. An error will occur...then a brief pause, and then it will play.

Anyway, the most troublesome error has been my clip+ completely shutting down. I turned it off for a while, came back, and it would not start up at all. I tried for a good 10 minutes, and almost completely gave up on it. Eventually, it started after I plugged the usb port in and started it up in its native operating system. I had already tried that a few times...I have no idea why it started to work. Anyway, it's playing right now, and I want to listen to it as I fall asleep, so I won't shut down again, but I'll let you know what happens when I do again. I was able to shut down and restart earlier, in either rockbox or the native system, without trouble.

I'm not complaining. I knew the risks, but I thought I'd let you all know my experiences so you can have a better understanding of what to expect. I will say, that even with the errors, the rockbox capabilities are pretty damn amazing. Unfortunately, I've got it in the native UI right now.

Couple of other quick notes. You can only write on the player in the native UI. The computer does not read the clip+ at all when in rockbox mode. Also, the coloring is a bit off...something I could personally care less about. The top half is yellow, the bottom is blue, but the artist name gets cut off...so it's mostly blue, but also slightly yellow at the tips of the letters. Like I said, nothing to worry about, but just thought I'd let ya'll know. Hope this helps!