android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Clip / Clip+ / Clip Zip

Old 03-19-2010, 08:47 AM

Default Can you sync to microSD card from sansa clip +, or do you need microSD adaptor

Hello guys,

I'm new here. Just got myself a 4GB Sansa Clip + off play for 40 (although I just noticed someone is selling the 8GB model new on Amazon for 38!! ).

Obviously I'm a bit annoyed at that, so I was wondering what the microSD expandability is like? When you sync the clip+ with a microSD card in, does Windows Media (or whatever) simply treat it as a Clip+ with added memory that it can sync to freely, or do you need to load files onto the microSD card seperately using an adaptor?

Hope it's clear what I mean,
Attyman

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-19-2010, 09:17 AM

Hi Attyman,

I use WMP too (for my sins!) and the way it works, is that it will show up in there as two devices. One, the Clip+ internal memory, and the other the Clip+ uSD card. You can set up sync options to both, or either, etc. If you wish, both will autosync on connection, of course. But they're separated, just as they are in MyComputer. The minor annoyance is that you can't sync playlists across the two, or at least, I can't see how to do that.

You can load the card separately if you wish. An SD adapter will do that, via a memory card slot or external adapter you plug in. But leave the card in the Clip+, and WMP will do that work for you ;-)

All the best!

Old 03-21-2010, 02:01 PM

Thanks Cara!

It arrived and I'm really happy with it. Aside from one or two minor annoyances (which you'll get with any mp3 player) it's an absolutely lovely little device and ridiculously good value for money!

Old 03-21-2010, 02:21 PM

Also keep in mind i have found transferring by way of sd card adapter is quite a bit faster.
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 03-21-2010, 03:04 PM

It is lovely, Attyman - at least, it's lovelier than the other Clip I have. Which would not have been bought, had I researched things properly and realised that the Clip+ was about to come out.

That said, I use both all the time, so fine.

Adub says i have found transferring by way of sd card adapter is quite a bit faster.

I'll check that out - thanks for the tip. My card's a 16gb Class 2, and can be very slow to load. I charge the player off the mains, mostly, to avoid wasting time when I don't really need to sync, and I don't have 20 minutes for it to "refresh my media".

Old 03-21-2010, 05:57 PM

Ouch - 20 minutes? That's a fair old wait.

My music collection is already steadily growing past 4GB, so I might invest in a microSD card sooner or later. I'm debating whether to go 8GB or 16GB - 16GB would give me more than enough space, but an 8GB card costs about a third of a 16gb on the sites I've checked out. I'll just have to see how far my finances can stretch

Old 03-21-2010, 06:06 PM

Yeah, it's rather a long wait for it to refresh, at times! I have to reformat it a lot - not sure why - it doesn't seem to be quite as robust as my Clip, which can stand almost any level of rough treatment. The Clip+ is a bit precious - breathe on it, it stalls; goes blank; has to be reformatted and reloaded. Hence my dependence on playlists. The reloading may be long, but at least I don't have to think about it.

The internal memory (on Clip+ as well as Clip) loads like lightning.

I got my micro card from Play (don't know where you are, but I'm in UK, and it was 27 ish, as I remember).

I went for the larger one, as (obviously) I shall, one day, find myself stuck on a desert island for at least three months, and 8gb just wasn't going to cut it. 16gb doesn't cut it either, actually, so I'm waiting for the price to drop!