android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Clip / Clip+ / Clip Zip

Old 03-17-2010, 06:57 AM

Default Clip V2 stopped playing (except FM radio) after upgrade to 35. Needed to format

I've just updated my 8g Sansa Clip V2 to the newest version of firmware 02.01.35. It's the first time I did update under Linux ( Ubuntu 9.10 ) following the instructions on Sansa Website and update itself went with no problems, player showed correct version after restarting and every song and settings remain intact , but I discovered, to my dismay, that Clip stopped playing tracks (regular, Rhapsody and Recording). FM Radio played fine.

After few attempts of fix it by resetting the player, I reluctantly reformatted it and loaded everything back from PC. Now it plays OK again.

Don't know why it happened, I did upgrades before ( Under Win XP ). Anybody has similar problem ?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-17-2010, 10:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

do you know which firware version you upgraded from? It was necessary to do a format after one of the earlier firmware releases (possibly #32). Sorry I didn't do a lot of searching to figure out which one.

Steve

Old 03-17-2010, 10:41 AM

No problem here. You do need to re-check settings, particularly USB mode, it will set to automatic. I lost the fm pre-sets. Otherwise seems as it was before. I only use windows these days, wasn't as thrilled with Linux as others seem to be.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:54 PM

Default Upgrade was from 02.01.32 to 02.01.35

Immediately after upgrade (from 02.01.32), I checked all the settings - nothing changed, it just didn't play tracks (when I pressed the play , time didn't advance, so it wasn't the sound problem, as I mentioned FM worked fine). Format wasn't not a big deal since records stays there and player communicated with PC just fine, so I could save few voice recordings with no problems. It only took the time to load everything back including Rhapsody Channels which is kind of slow (and I need to go back to WinXp for this)