android
Old 03-11-2010, 08:07 AM

Default Another Album art question

I've only recently purchased my X series and I'm loving it. However, I'm having a few problems with cover art.

I'm ripping using Foobar/Lame and then I'm using MS Media 11 to transfer everything onto the player. The problems arise if I update the album art - it finds the new art when album searching but when you are playing the album it reverts back to the original!

I've tried deleting the album (and art from the album folder) from the player and then copying again to no avail. I think it's a problem with the MS Media holding different artwork for different songs on the same album and reconfiguring things exactly the same when sync-ing.

How do I find and correct things so that the same artwork appears for all tracks on the same album?

TIA.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-11-2010, 08:39 AM

First of all try MediaMonkey or MP3Tag to edit art work. If you only put it into the folder it won't work at all, it has to be saved into the tags and both applications will do it for you.

Used in the past: Rio Carbon, Creative Zen Vision M, Sony NWZ-A818
Just-a-Photograppher's Website

Old 03-11-2010, 11:25 AM

Many thanks - I'll give MP3Tag a go.

Apologies but this is all new to me - will it sort out my pre-existing problems or should I reformat the X, uninstal MS Media and start over?

Old 03-11-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headbanger View Post
Many thanks - I'll give MP3Tag a go.

Apologies but this is all new to me - will it sort out my pre-existing problems or should I reformat the X, uninstal MS Media and start over?
You do not have to wipe the X yet, just remove the albums that show incorrect covers maybe.

As for the Sony software I would completely remove it if I were you.

Used in the past: Rio Carbon, Creative Zen Vision M, Sony NWZ-A818
Just-a-Photograppher's Website