android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa m200

Old 02-28-2010, 02:35 PM

Default A m250 that won't be recognized by p.c. unless WMP is running. Any ideas?

Hello everyone been awhile since I asked for help. But here it is....
I have a m250 software version (as it reads on screen in player) -2.1.0A. Bought it 2nd hand but love these 250's as beater players like for at work.
The issue is that no matter weather in auto detect or MSC the p.c. does not recognize the player untill or unless WMP is running. Then I can change music as i like. And can access contents thru the my computer option(drag and drop). My other m250 works fine and is recognized by the P.C. whenever it's pluged in.
The fault i keep getting from the p.c. is along the lines of the usb device connected to the p.c. has malfunctioned. But again this only occurs when WMP is not up and running to "SYNC devices". When it is then can even turn off WMP and access the m250 thru the my computer method. Have reset player multiple times with no change. Wonder if it would be worth the time to basicaly erase everything from player and reinstall all it's operating systems..... Suggestions anyone?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-06-2010, 10:25 AM

You could try to update to firmware 2.2.5.