android
Old 04-16-2009, 08:58 PM

try holding a combination of buttons down when turning the device on, or resetting it via the reset button. most players have a full reset button combination.

try volume down+menu when turning on, and when resetting, then try volume up+menu etc etc

hopefully there is a combination which will completely reset the device.

or call iriver again and ask them how to do a full reset

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

With new media on the P7 it will rebuild the database. It's possible it crashes because you don't have enough room for the database and it doesn't know how to deal with that problem. I can also imagine that the database gets pretty big if you're close to having the P7 full. There is also a reset hole next to the microSD slot under it's cover. It turns off when reset, and if you haven't resolved what caused it to crash before turning on it may crash again. Try resetting it, then plug it into the PC while OFF. It should turn on and give you the options for data and power, play and power, or just power. Pick data and power, then have your PC examine and fix any errors it finds. After that then delete some of your media until you have say 3gb or so of memory left. Safely eject, then cross your fingers.

Last edited by Olley; 04-16-2009 at 09:34 PM.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:48 AM

DarkOne0 have you noticed that when you now connect the P7 to any PC it says rockchip pmp.

This isnt the same rockchip the chinese players use is it?

Old 04-17-2009, 06:18 PM

Yea i noticed that too...i hope not... I'm getting my new player today from JR but im scared to do anything since we still don't know the cause. It doesn't seem like a fluke...

Old 04-18-2009, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKOne0 View Post
Yea i noticed that too...i hope not... I'm getting my new player today from JR but im scared to do anything since we still don't know the cause. It doesn't seem like a fluke...
I have been on another forum and speaking with a guy who know's all his stuff when it comes to rockchip PMP players.

He saying it sounds like it could be a missing image files. Older rockchip based players have a simple fix tool you can use but this a new rockchip series 28 player so nothing out yet.

Lets hope iriver develop a simple fix tool that anyone can use..

Also is this 1.15 FW

http://www.iriverplus.com/tools/MTP/...1159_N_FRE.ZIP

Last edited by kobashi; 04-18-2009 at 04:32 AM.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:02 AM

i just used the plus3 to upgrade, didnt know iriver posted an update online...

Old 04-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes, all the upgrades can also be found online. THIS is a great site, and includes firmware for most if not all the Cowon players. When you download the ZIP file you just unzip it to your hard drive, then copy the BIN file into the root (upper most) folder/directory of the device. Safely eject it from your PC, then turn it off and back on again to initate the firmware install process.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
Yes, all the upgrades can also be found online. THIS is a great site, and includes firmware for most if not all the Cowon players. When you download the ZIP file you just unzip it to your hard drive, then copy the BIN file into the root (upper most) folder/directory of the device. Safely eject it from your PC, then turn it off and back on again to initate the firmware install process.
Olly do you think I could try and put this in my player and see if it starts working again or shoud i not try it?

If you rename the .Hex file to .RKW you can see all the FW files using RKW explorer. I wanna try and replace the BMPO file with a new one as it might be damaged. I cant open up the FW in my player though. Tried using RKUSB Tag as that works on rockchip players but it is not working on on the P7.

Last edited by kobashi; 04-19-2009 at 04:24 PM.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I don't know enough about the P7 to know whether it would help or hurt. If your P7 is already non-functioning then I doubt it could do any more harm. At best your P7 would install it and wrk fine. At worst it would ignore the file and status would remain the same. If it bursts into flames then there was far more wrong than software.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:38 AM

my unit started freaking out today...
I tried playing some mp4's that I downloaded of of youtube and it started spazzing. first it would play the first second, then go back to the main screen, when i clicked on the video again, it would go black then jump back to the main screen, after 3-5 attempts, it would restart itself....

At first i though it was a glitch and tried playing the mp4 again, it started to play but with a rainbow colored fuzzy have over the video. after a few seconds of play it reset it self again, at which point i was freaking out and once it restarted, erased the files from P7. vids play flawlessly on PC

this is the first Mp4 i tried, any one try playing mp4s and have problems?

Old 05-19-2009, 07:06 AM

mp4 support on the chips on these players is very limited -use avi(xvid) for best results

KOBASHI
i know you have your player back now did iriver give you any tools for recovery as they wil be std rockchip repair tools and i seems mad for people to send player back for what is a 10min procedure and from what i see there are going to be many others with this player crashing

Old 05-21-2009, 07:16 AM

excuse me!
the os is windows CE????
& is apps & game & themes for p7?
please help me
thanks

Old 05-21-2009, 09:33 AM

I know this isn't the correct thread for the question which I'm about to ask so excuse me but I think you guys will be able to answer my question anyways.

If I were to order my Iriver straight out of Korea, will I be able to put the language of the device on English or would I have to order a European or US model?

Old 05-23-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnie25 View Post
I know this isn't the correct thread for the question which I'm about to ask so excuse me but I think you guys will be able to answer my question anyways.

If I were to order my Iriver straight out of Korea, will I be able to put the language of the device on English or would I have to order a European or US model?
You can change the language. My player had english language display straight from the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maderin1 View Post
mp4 support on the chips on these players is very limited -use avi(xvid) for best results

KOBASHI
i know you have your player back now did iriver give you any tools for recovery as they wil be std rockchip repair tools and i seems mad for people to send player back for what is a 10min procedure and from what i see there are going to be many others with this player crashing
I have had a nightmare manderin. Iriver europe told me they fixed it but they never did!

Called them and they said as the player had not officially been released in Europe they will only fix older players. They were the ones who told me to send it to them in the damn first place. So I emailed Iriver in Korea and they actually called me and said they were sorry for Iriver Europe's lazyness.

It is now on the way to Iriver Korea and after I explained the problem they said it will be fixed within one day.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:09 AM

WHAT - lazy bastards!!!! jeez its SOOO easy to fix this problem i can not believe it, seriously it takes but 3-5 mins to repair with the right tools and they will have them and now i cant believe you have to send and wait all the way to Korea, nice of iriver to honor the warranty though but this is overkill for such and easy problem to fix

well hopw you get it back real soon

Old 07-27-2009, 09:33 AM

got the player back yet kobashi

Old 03-02-2010, 08:29 AM

The iriver P7 is clearly a super simple PMP. P7 look like O2 designed very well. It comes in very nicely designed reusable package but doesn't special feature.
Features:
Capacity: 8/16GB w/ microSD/SDHC
Audio: MP3,WMA,WAV
Battery Life: 7hrs video and 35 hrs audio
Display: 4.3" VGA @ 260K colors