android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2010, 06:50 AM

Wow, an unpleasant amount of harshness is in this thread.

After seeing that the files are being played back I was happy that this player is able to play back the few DVD-A albums I've got in an 'unaltered' way, and after trying briefly with the (mostly 24/48) files I could only get the idea that it works. In most cases it simply would refuse to play back something unsupported, so please excuse my trust in Rockbox (don't get me wrong, I really like Rockbox and I'm thankful for it). Show me a layman that would assume that a little DAP downsamples the material!

Also, I just had to grin when I realized that the music I tested with contains a heavy amount of distortion for artistic purposes. Listen to 'The Downward Spiral' (in case you don't know it) and you'll see. I did not listen carefully, I just hit the play-button with different files at various depths/sampling rates (from different discs) and grinned each time it started to play back. What's so bad about liking the idea to forget about carrying the DVD-Player from one floor to the other to listen to music?

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to answer my questions! I just felt like writing this, because I felt uncomfortable with the fact that to me it seemed like you treated me like a person who listens too much to the local hi-fi dealer. To cut a long story short: Could I tell a difference between CD-DA and DVD-A? No. (assuming that both come from the same master)

Last edited by creep; 02-26-2010 at 09:09 AM.