android
Old 02-23-2010, 04:21 PM

Default looking for some basic advise

Hi!

I'm using my clip+ for quite some time now but i didnt really customize anything. So im stuck with some problems. I cannot find the sample music files and delete them.
I dont want all those folders in my clip. I really only need my music, maybe devided in some sub folders and some playlists. So i'm asking myself how to proceed? Just format the player? I guess some files are needed to make sure its working? Do i have to change modes?

atm my player "interior" looks like this

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-23-2010, 05:20 PM

You can delete music files directly from the player instead of going through My Computer, etc. When the song is playing, access the menu and hit delete. It's pretty easy.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You can simply delete the pre-existing folders, if you like, when connected to your computer--they're not needed. Notice that they will come back, upon certain events (such as a reformat under the Clip's Settings, I believe, or likely a reset to default settings).

Old 02-24-2010, 08:19 AM

well. thx. that worked fine. what about using multiple levels of sub folders? is it possible (didnt test it yet)
to create playlists i need to switch to msc mode? does the device stay in this mode until i switch again or does it switch back to default mode automatically after detaching it?

Old 02-24-2010, 09:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger_Dustin View Post
to create playlists i need to switch to msc mode? does the device stay in this mode until i switch again or does it switch back to default mode automatically after detaching it?
You need to pick ONE mode...msc or mtp. Auto-detect may flip back and forth, and if that happens, you will not be able to find your music. You probably should stick with the mode that you added the songs in.

You can create playlists in either mode, although there are different techniques.

I prefer MSC mode, and create playlists in Winamp. If you review the various playlist threads you'll probably get toatlly confused, so pick the one that seems to apply to you (MSC/MTP, music software already in use).

Steve

Old 02-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

And yes, you can create subfolders--the Clip will find the music, etc. regardless.

One thing: files put in the Podcasts and Audiobooks folders can be treated differently by the Clip--most specifically, the Clip can use the files' file and folder names for database display purposes instead of relying on ID3 tag info. which you otherwise might need to fill in. If you would like the benefit of that, you should keep and use those folders (or, the same effect can be obtained if the files' ID3 genre field is set to audiobook or podcast, regardless of folder location).