Originally Posted by WalkGood
Hopefully, below will make it clearer:
- Format - connect player to PC in MSC mode, right click on you player in My Computer (or windows explorer) and choose format, file system FAT 32 (don’t do “quick”), let it do its thing. *Warning, this will delete all your tunes off your player, so make sure they are backed up from player to pc*
- Disconnect the player - once format is complete, disconnect and don’t touch anything while it rebuilds its data base. Formatting does nothing more than erase all the data on you player (i.e. music files or anything you added), but in turn it seems to fix a lot of issues and clean out the player.
- Switch mode before connecting again to desired mode (msc/or mtp), personally I prefer MSC. BTW, make sure you pick a mode and stick with it and don’t leave it in auto-select as this will only cause more problems.
- Reload tunes – as long as you have “view all files” enabled on your pc, you can see the music folder on the player, now just drag and drop all the tunes to that folder.
- Disconnect player after all transfer is complete and enjoy
Hey WalkGood, what's the difference between formatting the clip+ through your computer and formatting it through the clip+ itself? I tried to format the clip+ through my computer yesterday and it takes a long time compare to formatting it using the format function on the clip+.