android
Old 02-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Banned

It's really hard to say - they both sound really good although the P3 has slightly better sound enhancements.

I'd never want to be w/out a Samsung, even if it was a low-end one - as long as it had DNSe.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-14-2010, 12:27 PM

Ok after owing the clip+ for about a day or two, here is what I didn't like about it.
First is the where the headphone jack is. I wish it could be somewhere in the bottom or on top instead of on the right side. It's just a minor issue nothing big of a deal, though I think having the headphone jack on the top or bottom is a better idea.
Second, fast forward and rewind, these function on the clip+ is not like any other I've owned before. When I pressed fast forward, I don't hear anything but the progress time bar is actually fasting forward which is something I don't like. I like to hear a song being fast forward instead of nothing. I don't know if I explain this clear enough though. I don't know if it's just my clip+ or yours are the same. Let me know if there's a way to fix this.

Those are the only two things I didn't like. The headphone jack is not that big of a deal but the ffw and rwd is really bothering me a lot because I listen to Trance and normally the track is like an hour long and there are certain parts of the song that I like but if you fast forward without hearing anything how can you find where that good part is?

Old 02-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Sharp View Post
Second, fast forward and rewind, these function on the clip+ is not like any other I've owned before. When I pressed fast forward, I don't hear anything but the progress time bar is actually fasting forward which is something I don't like. I like to hear a song being fast forward instead of nothing. I don't know if I explain this clear enough though. I don't know if it's just my clip+ or yours are the same. Let me know if there's a way to fix this.
This is as SanDisk designed it, and there is no way to hear the music while fast-forwarding/rewinding a track.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

An issue I've pointed out to firmware people for years: like fast-forwarding a videotape or DVD without a picture ...

Old 02-19-2010, 11:45 AM

Help guys!!!!
Good news, I just received my Hippo VB just now.
Bad news, it seems like no matter what tips I tried, the headphone keep on falling off of my ears. Does it mean my ears are too small for this type of headphone? This is the first time I ever own an IEM. The stock headphone that came with the sansa clip+ fits me perfectly but the Hippo VB doesn't please help me out guys.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Administrator

The Hippo VB are In Ear Monitors, not earbuds. How you insert them is very different. IEMs really do go into your ears and not just perch on the outside. If any IEM headphone falls out you are not getting anywhere near an air tight seal. That seal is vital to delivering the sound built into the 'phones. Pop over the Shure Tutorial and read up some. The demo is very instructive.

You're going to have to find the tips that fit your ears. Don't be surprised if the left and right are different. You know you have a good seal when you hear your own voice inside your head and your own breathing. Takes a little getting used to but it's well worth the effort. Once you get it right you'll hear a SQ that you have never heard from an earbud. Patience is the key.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
The Hippo VB are In Ear Monitors, not earbuds. How you insert them is very different. IEMs really do go into your ears and not just perch on the outside. If any IEM headphone falls out you are not getting anywhere near an air tight seal. That seal is vital to delivering the sound built into the 'phones. Pop over the Shure Tutorial and read up some. The demo is very instructive.

You're going to have to find the tips that fit your ears. Don't be surprised if the left and right are different. You know you have a good seal when you hear your own voice inside your head and your own breathing. Takes a little getting used to but it's well worth the effort. Once you get it right you'll hear a SQ that you have never heard from an earbud. Patience is the key.
Yes I finally make them fits. Thank you so much man. I can hear my breathing and I can hear my own voice. I'm currently using the small tip of the three and I'm using the second bass plate. The sound is just amazing, lots of bass and I have to turn down the volume too lol, This is just great, I'm so glad I made the purchase.

I just want to thank all of you who have been helping me find a good player and a good IEM. I really appreciate all the advices and opinions from you all.

This question I want to ask dfkt and anyone who owns the Hippo VB. Is there any mod for the Hippo VB? Anything to make it sounds even better? I checked google and saw a foam mod or something. Just wanting to know if that is necessary.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Sharp View Post
Yes I finally make them fits. Thank you so much man. I can hear my breathing and I can hear my own voice. I'm currently using the small tip of the three and I'm using the second bass plate. The sound is just amazing, lots of bass and I have to turn down the volume too lol, This is just great, I'm so glad I made the purchase.

I just want to thank all of you who have been helping me find a good player and a good IEM. I really appreciate all the advices and opinions from you all.

This question I want to ask dfkt and anyone who owns the Hippo VB. Is there any mod for the Hippo VB? Anything to make it sounds even better? I checked google and saw a foam mod or something. Just wanting to know if that is necessary.
The foam mod is for if you find the the IEMs to be too bright or treble strong. By putting some foam in the canal of the IEM it reduces this harshness.

I have had the VB a few days and am still finding them very sibilant especially with rock music. This mod may help but I would advice giving the earphones at least 50 hours burn in time. You will probably notice the sound change during this initial period.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strumluff View Post
The foam mod is for if you find the the IEMs to be too bright or treble strong. By putting some foam in the canal of the IEM it reduces this harshness.

I have had the VB a few days and am still finding them very sibilant especially with rock music. This mod may help but I would advice giving the earphones at least 50 hours burn in time. You will probably notice the sound change during this initial period.
Thanks for the heads up information. So I guess I won't be need that kind of mod then. I mean right now I'm very happy with the SQ of my VB. But I'll keep that idea of modding in mind for the future.

I'm going to buy the Sony Hybrid tips for my VB and the Phonak audio ear guides. I'm also going to buy the LCD protection for the clip+ and the silicon casing they sell on Amazon.

Anybody know any good travel pouch? I probably need a pouch to store all these stuff in there. Also I need an AC charger too. Man it seems like I'm spending a lot of money for this player already.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Travel pouch? I use an Altoids tin with a liner of bubble wrap. Holds two Clips, or a Clip and a Stone, or a Clip and a Clip+, or one Fuze. My earphones are in a round Altoids sour tin. I can get a Clip and the headphones in the tin.

AC charger. Long ago I bought an AC charger that any USB device can be plugged into. Works great for Clips, Fuzes, Stones, whatever else. Don't buy one that is device specific. I have the charger and the the device cables together in a small ziploc bag.

Steve

Old 02-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

A number of months ago, Meritline had one of its regular daily Internet promo deals on a nifty nylon electronics kit bag, slightly padded. Great for carrying a variety of small electronics: a Clip, mini amp and phones, etc. Picked a few up; they probably still are being sold at the company's website.

You also could go to your local electronics store and look into thumbdrive cases--the 4 or 6 drive carrying cases put out by Caselogic are big enough for a Clip plus a FiiO mini-amp.

And lots of AC USB adapters there. I picked up a DLO adapter, the PowerBug, a few years ago--cute (really!), small and with a foldable plug; great for throwing in a case for a trip. But lots of others there as well.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:39 PM

hey thanks both of you for giving me a lot of options. I think I saw one of the AC USB adapter today at bestbuy. I was gonna buy it but I wasn't sure until I see both you mention about it. I think I'll get that.

As for a travel pouch, I think I can use my gf camera pouch that she got from walmart. It's very small but big enough to store all the stuff that I need.

Altoids tin as a case? Very unique and creative. I bet you don't see anybody with that kind of case anywhere. Very good, I like that idea. I think I should be more creative and unique and think up of something like that. Thank you guys

Old 02-21-2010, 02:15 AM

How thick is the clip+ with the clip? Is it actually 0.6 inches or does that not include the clip?

Old 02-21-2010, 02:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

the 0.6" thickness includes the clip. I just measured it. It is around 0.4" thick not including the clip.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

C-Sharp:

Good idea, I've got a nice little camera bag that would work really well for a couple of players, earphones, AC charger, and cables.

Sansa makes a case for the Slot Radio, It's a bit expensive and I have never seen one in real life. I keep meaning to visit Radio Shack when I'm in the States but haven't done it yet.

Steve

Last edited by FreeZ5; 02-21-2010 at 10:38 AM.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The Slot Radio case is pretty nice-looking. If I recall correctly, there's a divider down the middle--Clip on one side, earbuds on the other. Originally, I thought it was too small to hold the Clip, but I've been told otherwise. And some cool colors there (can be seen at the online Sansa store).

Old 02-21-2010, 11:15 PM

Hey the Slot Radio case is really nice. It actually looks like a perfect case for the clip+. Thanks for letting me know about this guys. I'm going to get it and then return the camera's pouch back to my gf.